User Avatar Image

[Ep1-3, SPOILERS]Team Lilly vs. Team Kenny (merged threads)

posted by Zeekay980 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.0K users

All of Kenny's decisions are about taking risks. A lot of them unnecessary or not that thought out. "We break the lock and see what they're hiding. If those farmers give us trouble we take em' out" or something like that. Let's not forget rushing to rescue his family without even grabbing a weapon or looking for the other brother. Some are sensible risks like we have to leave our safe haven otherwise we starve. Lilly is all about playing it safe. She doesn't want any new people because they are unknowns and extra mouths to feed. She doesn't want to risk leaving a place they know is safe to try to find someplace with more food that might not exist. When given enough suspicions about the farm, she suggests just leaving without snooping around or getting dinner. She also doesn't want to loot the car because it might not be abandoned and she doesn't want to risk fucking up somebody's life. The only time they are reversed is with Larry for obvious reasons. Just my two cents.

316 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Xarne said: its crazy to say 'oh we'll kill him after he turns' dude is what? 6'4 3000lbs?
    a little scrawny walker girl can take a man out- how do you think they can escape him in that tiny meat locker? All that would have to happen is him open his eyes, reach out and bite- then its 2 down 3 to go.

    Kenny acted too fast. It would have taken 20-30 more seconds to talk to Lily to say her goodbyes or at least try to explain to her what's going to happen if we dont act- one way or the other.

    I love how he likes to pull you off to the side and talk about all the shit you two are going to get into over HIS actions. 1st replay I tried to downplay and console him...every playthrough since I berate this shit out of him.
    Kenny acts like he's the president and the First Family must survive over all others no matter the cost. Im sure everyone is THINKING the same but like they say, actions speak louder than words and his actions are saying 'I dont care about a goddamn person on this Earth but my family'. People will start to pick up on that real fast



    I don't think you could have EVER given Lily enough time to say goodbye. Maybe to convince her that CPR was useless, but her emotional state was pretty much shattered the moment he hit the floor. My grandfather passed away two summers ago, and we had known for months that he was going to leave. My mother is STILL reeling from the impact of his death.

    Besides, put yourself in Kenny's shoes - would YOU ever put anyone else over your family? Would your Lee ever put anyone's life ahead of Clementine's safety? Kenny's character flaw is that he reacts without thinking everything through, not that his family is more important to him than anyone else.

  • @zenstrata said: kenny is not a dark knight. he's a flipping moron who only cares about his immediate family and is completely disloyal to anyone who doesn't do exactly what he wants all the time.



    Well said. Kenny isn't worth the time it took to post up that pic, let alone be compared to the Dark Knight himself!

    What we need to see is a LEE that's in control of the group. Have his role akin to Rick from the Walking Dead. Put the tough decisions on Lee, and watch the weight of his choices unfold for the better or worse of the group. Have choices affect the development of LEE's character- seeing a man with a broken past determined to protect the new family he forms through the zombie outbreak, or destroy their chances for survival through poor decision-making. Him being Clementine's caretaker adds fire to the already blazing narrative Telltale has put forth.

    I don't want to control a character with tough choices, who isn't the leader; I want to have the tough choices as leader, to witness the various ramifications surrounding my group from the choices I made. What made The Walking Dead comics so intruiging to me, was the adversity Rick went through to keep his group alive amidst a zombie epidemic, even though "humanity" turned out to be the biggest threat. Instilling that sense of a being a leader in a savage world, I think, would make The Walking Dead game really shine.

  • @Xarne said: its crazy to say 'oh we'll kill him after he turns' dude is what? 6'4 3000lbs?
    a little scrawny walker girl can take a man out- how do you think they can escape him in that tiny meat locker? All that would have to happen is him open his eyes, reach out and bite- then its 2 down 3 to go.

    Kenny acted too fast. It would have taken 20-30 more seconds to talk to Lily to say her goodbyes or at least try to explain to her what's going to happen if we dont act- one way or the other.

    I love how he likes to pull you off to the side and talk about all the shit you two are going to get into over HIS actions. 1st replay I tried to downplay and console him...every playthrough since I berate this shit out of him.
    Kenny acts like he's the president and the First Family must survive over all others no matter the cost. Im sure everyone is THINKING the same but like they say, actions speak louder than words and his actions are saying 'I dont care about a goddamn person on this Earth but my family'. People will start to pick up on that real fast



    I said it in the other thread like but you don't instantly die when your heart stops, your body wont shut down for minutes to come. There was a lot of time to try and revive him/Lilly to say her goodbyes ect. Absolutely no need at all for that daft sod to do what he did.

    I've literally never hated a video game character this much before.

  • @Zeekay980 said: All of Kenny's decisions are about taking risks. A lot of them unnecessary or not that thought out. "We break the lock and see what they're hiding. If those farmers give us trouble we take em' out" or something like that. Let's not forget rushing to rescue his family without even grabbing a weapon or looking for the other brother. Some are sensible risks like we have to leave our safe haven otherwise we starve. Lilly is all about playing it safe. She doesn't want any new people because they are unknowns and extra mouths to feed. She doesn't want to risk leaving a place they know is safe to try to find someplace with more food that might not exist. When given enough suspicions about the farm, she suggests just leaving without snooping around or getting dinner. She also doesn't want to loot the car because it might not be abandoned and she doesn't want to risk fucking up somebody's life. The only time they are reversed is with Larry for obvious reasons. Just my two cents.



    I dont know if its as black and white as that.

    Kenny decided to do what he did in the freezer to keep the group safe, not doing that would've been the risk imo. So here, Kenny was playing it safe.

    Taking the food from the car was playimg it safe because without it the group or someone within the group could starve so again it could be seen as Kenny playing it safe.

  • @Lars80 said:
    1. Kenny sacrificed Shawn to save his own skin.



    To be fair any father would and SHOULD do this, it's the fact he then ran away afterward and left a poor young man who had helped provide him shelter to die a horrific death. All he needed to do was grab a leg and pull.

  • @Kinky John Fowler said: I said it in the other thread like but you don't instantly die when your heart stops, your body wont shut down for minutes to come. There was a lot of time to try and revive him/Lilly to say her goodbyes ect. Absolutely no need at all for that daft sod to do what he did.

    I've literally never hated a video game character this much before.



    Yes, but how do we know that the virus doesn't do it's thing as soon as the heart stops. Not worth the risk to take a chance an revive him imo. And I'd kill him again if I could... Oh yeah I did.. On the second playthrough.

  • @jaybreezy said: I dont know if its as black and white as that.

    Kenny decided to do what he did in the freezer to keep the group safe, not doing that would've been the risk imo. So here, Kenny was playing it safe.

    Taking the food from the car was playimg it safe because without it the group or someone within the group could starve so again it could be seen as Kenny playing it safe.



    Helping Shawn would be keeping the group safe, attacking the guy pointing a gun a Lee would be keeping the group safe, not shouting "are you Friendlies" at a bunch of zombies 100 ft away would be keeping the group safe etc etc. The man is a total coward and an idiot.

  • @Kinky John Fowler said: To be fair any father would and SHOULD do this, it's the fact he then ran away afterward and left a poor young man who had helped provide him shelter to die a horrific death. All he needed to do was grab a leg and pull.



    Exactly..

    "Oh man my sons in trouble, i'll get to him as soon as I save this stranger over here..."

  • @jaybreezy said: I dont know if its as black and white as that.

    Kenny decided to do what he did in the freezer to keep the group safe, not doing that would've been the risk imo. So here, Kenny was playing it safe.

    Taking the food from the car was playimg it safe because without it the group or someone within the group could starve so again it could be seen as Kenny playing it safe.



    Or we could look at it this way - Kenny takes the risk of action, while Lilly takes the risk of NOT acting. If you consider that each side has cons, then it's easy to say that both take risks, they just take risks that their respective methods are going to pay off.

  • Do you think Kenny thought about the Shawn situation when it came time to kill Larry thinking that he was too much of a coward to save shawn but he could make up for it by saving lily and lee from Zombie larry?

Add Comment