User Avatar Image

[Ep1-3, SPOILERS]Team Lilly vs. Team Kenny (merged threads)

posted by Zeekay980 on - last edited - Viewed by 11.6K users

All of Kenny's decisions are about taking risks. A lot of them unnecessary or not that thought out. "We break the lock and see what they're hiding. If those farmers give us trouble we take em' out" or something like that. Let's not forget rushing to rescue his family without even grabbing a weapon or looking for the other brother. Some are sensible risks like we have to leave our safe haven otherwise we starve. Lilly is all about playing it safe. She doesn't want any new people because they are unknowns and extra mouths to feed. She doesn't want to risk leaving a place they know is safe to try to find someplace with more food that might not exist. When given enough suspicions about the farm, she suggests just leaving without snooping around or getting dinner. She also doesn't want to loot the car because it might not be abandoned and she doesn't want to risk fucking up somebody's life. The only time they are reversed is with Larry for obvious reasons. Just my two cents.

316 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Kinky John Fowler said: Helping Shawn would be keeping the group safe, attacking the guy pointing a gun a Lee would be keeping the group safe, not shouting "are you Friendlies" at a bunch of zombies 100 ft away would be keeping the group safe etc etc. The man is a total coward and an idiot.

How is risking your life to save a singular person ever a decision to keep the "group" safe?

Besides, he acts no more stupidly in Macon than Lee does in Clementine's yard, screaming to the whole neighborhood full of Walkers. Not to mention the fact that it was Kenny's big mouth that probably got them noticed by the group in the Drug Store.

• @CapnJay said: Do you think Kenny thought about the Shawn situation when it came time to kill Larry thinking that he was too much of a coward to save shawn but he could make up for it by saving lily and lee from Zombie larry?

I think that specific plot was destined to happen anyway, but it's not unreasonable to assume that consoling him (which is given a plot marker in the game) in the Drug Store when he shows guilt over Shawn's death might harden his character a bit when you criticize him for his actions in the meat locker.

• I thought kenny was alright in ep1... he did save my life and all but honestly im not fan any more... he seems very selfish and he would likely go to extreme to keep his family save and kill me and clem even.

• @jaybreezy said: Exactly..

"Oh man my sons in trouble, i'll get to him as soon as I save this stranger over here..."

The scene plays out WAY differently if you save Duck first. If you choose to save Shawn, Duck just gets plucked off the tractor like it's no big deal, but if you go for Duck, you have to fight the Walker's tooth and nail while Kenny pulls with all of his strength, and then Shawn gets eaten almost IMMEDIATELY after Duck is pulled free.

• @Sisterofshane said: The scene plays out WAY differently if you save Duck first. If you choose to save Shawn, Duck just gets plucked off the tractor like it's no big deal, but if you go for Duck, you have to fight the Walker's tooth and nail while Kenny pulls with all of his strength, and then Shawn gets eaten almost IMMEDIATELY after Duck is pulled free.

Exactly. I was wondering what people were getting the whole "Kenny just derps around during that." I remember having to punch a zombies skull until my knuckles were bleeding to get that little brat my first playthrough.

• Who's side are you on? Why?

I was team Kenny until episode 2. His all or nothing attitude made me mad. Plus, Lilly actually seemed to be kinder and more rational in regards to the farm. She got a weird vibe, wanted food to go, and I was with her on both sentiments.

• Team Lilly !
    This thread of yours should have a poll.

• @j.em26 said: Team Lilly !
    This thread of yours should have a poll.

4sure and 4sure. Polls and lilly wins by a landslide. Plus she kills someone awesome from the comics(well 3 someones)...hope we see her on the show. That would kick serious ass seeing Lily on amc's the walking dead

• I think canonically, Lilly is dead in the comics, or at least she is presumed to be.
    Robert Kirkman mentioned he has no plans of developing her character further.

• Team Kenny all the way. In my game Kenny has constantly had my back so I have his.

Add Comment