1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • yes...everyone is weaker than they were three months ago...including Larry...so so that would make a zombie Larry what, unable to support his own weight? OK that was a joke, but seriously, maybe Larry turns so he is MAYBE able to bite ONE of them. As far as I know the zombies dont bite just to bite, they bite to eat so whoever he bites, if anyone, that will be the only one bit...two living can take a sole zombie while feeding

but I DO understand the rationel behind killing Larry. Kill Larry and there is NO way he can bite anyone thereby causing the loss of another member of the group...makes perfect sense. By that same rationel we should kill Kenny (an action that only causes us the loss of one member) before he "stupidness" lands us in another situation that jeapordizes everyone else. While we are at it we might as well kill, anyone else who could potential fuck up, including Duck, Clem, and yourself...see the problem with that rationel...

if we dont give EVERYONE the benifit of doubt then we should give it to NO ONE...and then we are no better then the St. Johns or bandits or, for that matter, the zombies.

• It's simple, really. Kenny doesn't care about Clementine, Lee or Lilly. If Lee tries to save Larry, it is his choice! If Kenny is afraid, he can stay back and watch how things turn out. If any of them gets bitten I guess they can sacrifice themselves and hold down zombie Larry for the others to finish it.
    In my opinion they would've revived Larry because I already said I believe he was still alive.
    The problem is that Kenny doesn't want you to spend time on anything else but his family. He is a selfish, egocentric coward who never does ANYTHING for the group. Scumbags like him need to obey until they grow the balls to do something. In cases of such stress you leave people like Lee and Rick Grimes to deal with the situation. You don't interfere and impose your egoism on others. Kenny murdered Larry in the most gruesome way, disregarding Lilly, Clem and Lee. He then leaves you to die, showing that he is not only a spineless excuse of a man, but also a dumb son of a bitch. Apparently he can't save his wife and son on his own, why would he let you die after killing the father of the only other possible person who can help him? Kenny never thinks, he only acts on his spite.
    My Lee would try his best to see him leave or die. Betrayal is one of the few things I'm unwilling to forgive.

• @deadk1ng said: yes...everyone is weaker than they were three months ago...including Larry...so so that would make a zombie Larry what, unable to support his own weight? OK that was a joke, but seriously, maybe Larry turns so he is MAYBE able to bite ONE of them. As far as I know the zombies dont bite just to bite, they bite to eat so whoever he bites, if anyone, that will be the only one bit...two living can take a sole zombie while feeding

but I DO understand the rationel behind killing Larry. Kill Larry and there is NO way he can bite anyone thereby causing the loss of another member of the group...makes perfect sense. By that same rationel we should kill Kenny (an action that only causes us the loss of one member) before he "stupidness" lands us in another situation that jeapordizes everyone else. While we are at it we might as well kill, anyone else who could potential fuck up, including Duck, Clem, and yourself...see the problem with that rationel...

if we dont give EVERYONE the benifit of doubt then we should give it to NO ONE...and then we are no better then the St. Johns or bandits or, for that matter, the zombies.

I think you are overgeneralizing to suit your opinion. By your way of thinking, EVERYONE deserves a second chance despite the obvious danger (such as the St. John's, the bandits, Jolene), or EVERYONE should be killed because they are a potential threat (and I mean EVERYONE, including Clementine). This doesn't take into account that each specific situation requires a risk assessment to determine whether or not you are truly in any danger.

The situation in the meat locker is unique from any other situation that you have been in, and each one of us is going to approach our risk assessment from a unique perspective. Basically you can see that the potential benefits of attempting to revive Larry outweigh the risks, or vice versa. It doesn't suit debate though to devolve our opinions to that of animals, in which everything is a threat, or nothing is.

• @Master of Aeons said: The thing about other plans is that any of them could have worked. The reason you only had two was because you chose to go with Kenny's plan or you had no idea about Kenny's plan and were taken by surprise.

I think the idea that there were always more options is sort of the point.

The point I think that Kenny was trying to make that any other plan could have worked, but they also have the same potential to backfire spectacularly, and the fact that they could possibly NOT work was too much risk for them to take.

His plan has a guaranteed outcome, even though it is not the most favorable one (one in which Larry also gets to live).

• @Sisterofshane said: Again, schroedinger's cat! Just because your Lee saw a change in character, doesn't mean that the rest of us did. Every character has the potential to be friend/foe, and the potential to change their status with every decision that Lee makes.

Besides, Larry doesn't need to be a fast walker in order to some damage. For one, Lily (and potenitally Lee, as well) is kneeling OVER him. All he has to do is manage to grab her or her clothing, and she won't be able to get away (I don't know what hat you are pulling the "severely weakened" out of, because every walker I've encountered seems to have gained MORE strength after having turned). That's one potential casualty right there. Then, please tell me EXACTLY how Kenny and Lee are going to stop Larry...are they going to drop salt lick after salt lick until they get lucky enough to hit the Walker's head at just the right angle to damage it, all the while it is moving (it is NOT going to hold perfectly still)? We already have two examples of how our physical strength is not enough to stop a walker dead (Sandra the baby sitter and Ben's companion). Also, getting in close enough to use the salt block / or or hands and feet puts you at potential risk of being nabbed, thus making you another potential casualty.

It's also not a matter of just avoiding Larry until we escape. He has the only potential tool to unscrew the a/c in his pocket. So, even if you managed to avoid him long enough to figure out that you need to get out using the a/c vent, and that it needs to be unscrewed, and then long enough to figure out that nobody but Larry has coins in his pocket, you are EVENTUALLY going to need to incapacitate Walker Larry in order to get at the change.

Trying to use the fact that Larry has the only potential tool to unscrew the air conditioner as a justification for the act runs into the same metagaming issue you tend to accuse others of: There's no way to know that until after Kenny kills him. Larry collapses the instant you try to examine the A/C. Lee doesn't even realize the multi-tool is missing, nor does he have a chance to question anyone if they have something that can be used as a screwdriver until after the event in question.

Walkers also don't reanimate without some warning, both the cop at the beginning and the person in the pickup make fairly distinct noises before they become "active".

• @Sisterofshane said: The point I think that Kenny was trying to make that any other plan could have worked, but they also have the same potential to backfire spectacularly, and the fact that they could possibly NOT work was too much risk for them to take.

His plan has a guaranteed outcome, even though it is not the most favorable one (one in which Larry also gets to live).

Oh no, it was a favorable outcome. At least to me. You don't screw over good guy Lee. He doesn't bite back often, but when he does... oh man is revenge sweet.

• @Merc said: Oh no, it was a favorable outcome. At least to me. You don't screw over good guy Lee. He doesn't bite back often, but when he does... oh man is revenge sweet.

So Lee's the puppetmaster and Kenny is the scissors?

• @Master of Aeons said: So Lee's the puppetmaster and Kenny is the scissors?

Works for me. I get Kenny on my side, and when he takes over the group, I just have him as a figurehead with no actual power in my behind the scenes leetatorship. :)

For the greater good, you see.

• @Rommel49 said: Trying to use the fact that Larry has the only potential tool to unscrew the air conditioner as a justification for the act runs into the same metagaming issue you tend to accuse others of: There's no way to know that until after Kenny kills him. Larry collapses the instant you try to examine the A/C. Lee doesn't even realize the multi-tool is missing, nor does he have a chance to question anyone if they have something that can be used as a screwdriver until after the event in question.

Walkers also don't reanimate without some warning, both the cop at the beginning and the person in the pickup make fairly distinct noises before they become "active".

I wasn't really metagaming, but tying into my other points, that if you can't immediately disable walker Larry, there is no way that you would be able to indefinitely out-manuever him, and the longer you try, the less likely it is to get away. how long do you think YOU would last in that specific situation, with no weapon to protect you, other than a salt lick, which slows down your movements, ties up your hands, and isn't really useful against a moving Walker.

The ENTIRE POINT I was trying to make was that, even IF you were able to continually escape, you would eventually realize that there was no way out of the room, and that you would eventually have to kill the Walker, which is NOW next to impossible without getting hurt, if not killed and bitten.

• @ sisterofshane I was being sarcastic. I am not saying that anyone needs a second chance or no chance...I am saying we do NOT kill a human (who hasn't turned) unless dirctly attacked...period. We DONT make assumptions. Suppose in the comming episodes the group is attacked by zombies and in the fight someone (anyone, Clem, Duck, Katja, Kenny, Yourself) goes tumbling down a hill and into some barbed wire...after the action has died down do we doctor that persons wounds as best we can or do we ASSUME some of that shredded skin could be from a zombie bite and wait for Kenn's saltlick + 5 to come out? The point is that we DONT just decide to smack a brain because its convienient.

Look at Kenny's face after killing Larry, even he knows it was a mistake.

Add Comment