User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @numi said: Hi everybody.
    I am on MAC (MBpro) and I had the same problem. The download stops at a random position with the explicit message about my internet connection. I tried 5 times in 3 days.

On the first episode, when we have the choice to give a gun to the lady in the motel, the game freezed at every time. I changed the settings and disabled the shadows. I tried again and no bugs. Hmmmm ok, why not.

I wanted to test the same routine for the download process. Who knows? Maybe it will work. I set all settings at the minimum level and fullscreen off. This time, everything is fine. Download 100%. Episode 2 installed.

I don't know if they worked on their side or if this 'settings hack' is a good solution but for me it worked, so just try this. Just in case.

Good luck to you fellas!!

Same problem at the motel, but unfortunately your method doesn't work for me, there's no way to download the Second Episode... Thanks anyway!

• @BitToTheFuture said: Same problem at the motel, but unfortunately your method doesn't work for me, there's no way to download the Second Episode... Thanks anyway!

I concur, all lowering the specs did for me was to get constant crashes...worth a shot

• @BitToTheFuture said: Same problem at the motel, but unfortunately your method doesn't work for me, there's no way to download the Second Episode... Thanks anyway!

This didn't work for me either :(
    I really hope they fix this soon with ep 3 coming in mid august and already talk of TWD season 2 from TT ..... gotta wonder what is going on with TT? I really would like to play ep2 before ep3 is released it would really blow if they can't figure this issue out....:(

• My father purchased and installed the game on his PC and has had no problem downloading episode 2. I just downloaded the game this morning on my Mac and played through episode 1. When I went to the download content page for episode 2 I still have the "coming soon" with no option to download. I've tried restarting and redownloading but nothing has helped. How can I fix this problem?

• @chakdude said: My father purchased and installed the game on his PC and has had no problem downloading episode 2. I just downloaded the game this morning on my Mac and played through episode 1. When I went to the download content page for episode 2 I still have the "coming soon" with no option to download. I've tried restarting and redownloading but nothing has helped. How can I fix this problem?

Have you installed the game using the:

WalkingDead100_v3 (1).dmg

version of the game? That is the CURRENT version (on "My Games" page) that could fix your problem

:-)

• Just emailed them this afternoon, but I'm not expecting to hear back for a while.

That is the version I installed.

• Oh, and if anyone knows where the save games are on a MAC I would appreciate it, mine no longer appear....this just keeps getting better....

• Yeah, very disappointed by this.

I played the demo on xbox and loved it, but decided to buy for mac as I wanted something to play during a work trip this week- not looking likely now.

I would have appreciated at least an acknowledgment of the problem before I purchased it.
    Does anyone know if users are facing the same problem with downloading episode two from steam? If they're not, I would recommend telltale issue some steam passes asap, or there going to have an increasing number of disgruntled customers on their case.

As others have said, I don't want a refund, I would just like to play the game I have paid for, either via a fix or a free download on steam.

• I've never seen customer service this poor.

• Okay, I've found the save games under library/application support/telltale games/thewalkingdead and I have 12 saves (autosaves??) in there but none are seen when I open the game.....help.....

Add Comment