User Avatar Image

What Do you think Will be The Consequences of (SPOILER) Stealing from the Car?

posted by Dasacugo on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

The decision of stealing or not the food from the car was the hardest for me. In first place, it moved me that Clem :) faced all the group, so i finally decided to support her, because i didn't wanted that she feel alone, but later that night i thought that was a coward action from me let her be hungry by just a moral choice. What do you think will be the Consequences of what we all choose for the next Episodes(Share your decision).

PD Sorry for my bad english. My Native Language is Spanish.

261 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did not take the food.

Other mentioned the sweater. I think if Clem has the sweater on it will show that the group is the one that stole the food. I am sure that in the next episode the owners of the car will be met and they will see Clem wearing the sweater and know who stole their food.

I dunno what that means as a result. The difference could be as drastic as picking Carley or Doug. Or it could be as subtle as telling Clem the word "manure". Who knows but I am thinking that because the "obvious" choice was to take the food, I am thinking it was also the "wrong" or .."makes the game very different" choice.

• @klapaucius said: I honestly can't think of any sensible, delayed repercussions. eg. Bandits would not let strangers take their supplies, only to come back and exact revenge later on. Plus, how would they recognise any of them? Supplies are not exactly identifiable IMO, though I suppose the hoodie would. Even then, stolen supplies or not, bandits would always be hostile so it makes little difference.

I believe it's more of a moral choice and it's there to prove your alignment, both in ethics and your group.

So far, my only disappointment was the impact of choices in the game. Choices did not matter as far as the survivability of the group was concerned. So, though I hope otherwise, I think whether or not you choose to loot Lee & Clementine will neither starve nor get cold.

I think you're right on target. Most of the things Lee does do not affect the outcome in any way, as many on this forum have pointed out, but they do go a long way in telling us what kind of man Lee is. In my game, Lee is not a liar or a thief but he is a killer. Lilly knows he killed a woman (Jolene) and Lilly and Clem saw Lee kill Danny. The whole group saw Lee kill Andy. These people were all going to die anyways so Lee did not alter the game but who Lee is changed.

I think our role in all this is to flesh out the kind of a person Lee is and TTG will handle the game mechanics and background for the others.

• thing is, they're in a new world, where the old rules dont apply anymore. trying to enforce them might be noble, but it will more than likely get you killed 1st.
    that station wagon is perfect example, if you arent an opportunist, someone else will be- and what could have benefited you and yours will now feed and keep others healthy.
    My initial playthrough I went with my gut and I was right- I took that stuff and made sure Me n Clem had food, supplies and gear to keep her warm.
    On the flipside, you look like such a sucker as everyone is is diving in and this child is looking at you with hunger in her eyes. The highroad is the road to death in TWD

• What if the food in the abandoned car spoiled? In the future, food could be contaminated, forcing the player to choose between risking hunger or risking food-borne illness.

I am uncertain about that abandoned car. Why would a car filled with food be abandoned? It was close to the St. John Dairy Farm, so why didn’t the bandits that were attacking Mark and Lee earlier take the food? Maybe the car crashed after the bandits. Still, there are bandits in the woods and a car is a not a quiet form of transportation. Surely, bandits and walkers could have heard a car moving through the woods.

• @Gregory2012 said: What if the food in the abandoned car spoiled? In the future, food could be contaminated, forcing the player to choose between risking hunger or risking food-borne illness.

It's only been 3 months. Canned and processed foods can be edible a year or more after the expiration date, and the food looked to be soup cans and energy bars, so there you go.

Did make me wonder where the crew managed to get an apple... that must have been recent.

Food-borne illness wouldn't be a risk unless the devs opted to write it in.

• @Gennadios said: It's only been 3 months. Canned and processed foods can be edible a year or more after the expiration date, and the food looked to be soup cans and energy bars, so there you go.

Did make me wonder where the crew managed to get an apple... that must have been recent.

Food-borne illness wouldn't be a risk unless the devs opted to write it in.

In a real life scenario, though, long term survival would depend upon finding a way to preserve food for as long as possible (dehydration, canning, salting, etc.), especially since we know that electricity is out (no refrigerators, or appliances that will cook food consistently). Eventually processed foods will run out. (I doubt the story will last THAT long, but who knows?)

• @Sisterofshane said: In a real life scenario, though, long term survival would depend upon finding a way to preserve food for as long as possible (dehydration, canning, salting, etc.), especially since we know that electricity is out (no refrigerators, or appliances that will cook food consistently). Eventually processed foods will run out. (I doubt the story will last THAT long, but who knows?)

A group that small really shouldn't have to worry about it. 8 people should be able to get by on hunting/scavenging and not leave enough to worry about preservation. I think Deer would be the biggest animals to hunt in Georgia and roasting it on a flame should keep it preserved just long enough to eat the whole thing without worrying about rot. Well, the writers still have the liberty to work in a food shortage storyline *cough* if they'd like.

It's only something to worry about when the story settles into a permanent location with over 30 people that agriculture and preservation will be an issue. As you said, I can't see the story going that far.

• choices do matter but the more obvious ones are lilly / larry and duck / kenny who ever you side with does follow in ep2 and i assume killing larry was the catalyst for lilly's exit..

i have done both to see the differences later on

• Why didn't Lee and Clem refuse the batteries from the car as well, like she refused the hoodie?

• why does doug offer batteries to clem ? and still walkey talkey is broked...stupid doug..

Add Comment