User Avatar Image

U.S.A Congratulations

posted by The_Ripper on - last edited - Viewed by 273 users

Congratulations from Spain to U.S.A citizens for your Independence Day!!!

Enjoy your day, buddies! ;)

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, if everyone is doing it, the police aren't likely to notice. Plus, over here at least, there are always things like vandalism, fights, and arson around New Year's Eve, so those require more attention than fireworks, no matter how dangerous those can be (they have to actually close up mailboxes here to prevent people from blowing them up).

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Jennifer said: It depends on the state. In New York, it's illegal to buy, sell, own or set off fireworks

You wouldn't know it with all the people setting things off until 3am last night.

@Jennifer said: (sparklers used to be legal, but even those are illegal now).

Really? That seems like a step too far in nannyism, although I guess in vast enough quantities they might be a bit dangerous. At one point we had a huge stash of sparklers (bought for birthdays etc and then never used). We decided to let them go in a literal blaze of glory. Stuffed about a dozen packets worth upright in a glass jar, lit one as a fuse and stood back. The whole thing went up in a 12 ft column of sparks/fire. It was quite impressive.

Hmm, Wikipedia says that 3 deaths were attributed to such things in 2008. Maybe that was not the best idea ever.

• @Haggis said: Yeah, if everyone is doing it, the police aren't likely to notice. Plus, over here at least, there are always things like vandalism, fights, and arson around New Year's Eve, so those require more attention than fireworks, no matter how dangerous those can be (they have to actually close up mailboxes here to prevent people from blowing them up).

Well, it's more like there are official shows that are allowed and if there's a few extra fireworks that go off during the show, nobody is going to really notice.

• I'd LOL if there were a federal ban on fireworks. Plenty of more important things for the government to deal with.

• Fireworks are illegal here in LA. Having said that, I spent the evening in Boyle Heights, watching the most epic, chaotic, panoramic, non-stop fireworks "display" I've ever seen, til about one in the morning.

• Apparently, the best display was in San Diego. Three barges of fireworks... all went off at once in a glorious fifteen second show.

• That was glorious, but I sort of wish it had been intentional, like that one-note White Stripes show in Canada

• It's sad that people can't just take a simple good will wish for a good holiday, without bringing in their personal negative politics.

• I... I've only wanted to wish a good day. :o

• @The_Ripper said: I... I've only wanted to wish a good day. :o

I know buddy, I know...... :P

Add Comment