User Avatar Image

Lee's family (SPOILERS)

posted by Josh marsh on - last edited - Viewed by 743 users

Hi guys, just played through the episodes cant wait till ep.3 :D

(SPOILER ALERT) Just wondering i know you see your brother as a zombie and proceed to hack his brains out but what happens to Lee's mum and dad?

_____

Clem ftw! :)

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @phoray said: Considering that we see all the space in the front, does this mean they tossed the bodies out the back? Are we stepping over them to get to the hotel, and later to escape?

    Or, oh my gosh, are they what the zombies are snacking on in the first initial scene before the Kenny group are ushered into the store?

  • @phoray said: I just realized... Why would they check the office but not the bathroom? Just think if they were really that concerned (and heck, someone has to use the restroom eventually, no?) why would they not check to only other obvious room?

    Undead-induced stupidity. It's the same reason a horde of slow-moving Zombies are able to win a set-piece battle against a military equipped with things like armor and artillery in World War Z (god that was poorly thought out and written).

  • @Rommel49 said: Undead-induced stupidity. It's the same reason a horde of slow-moving Zombies are able to win a set-piece battle against a military equipped with things like armor and artillery in World War Z (god that was poorly thought out and written).

    I read that. I thought they had covered and said that our armies didn't get the whole "head shot is the only thing that works" concept. Threw a bunch of shrapnel and fire at the oncoming horde, and then we mostly lost to the psychological panic that caused when our standbys didn't stop them. There was suicide occurring on the front line the minute it didn't work.

  • @phoray said: And frankly, despite Doug, Carley, Glenn and such all being part of the Larry group prior to my arrival, no one seemed to give a rat's butt about Larry's pills but me.

    He didn’t need them until he collapsed.

    @phoray said:
    everyone else is sucked into their own thoughts such as "broken" radios, a courtyard of zombies that can't get you.... sort of.

    Fixing the radio was a good idea. The pharmacy had an old newspaper. The TV at Clementine’s house didn’t broadcast anything. The radio gave the survivors some information which is better than none.

    The pharmacy was not fully secure which is why having Doug as a lookout was a good idea.

    Glenn went to siphon gas which was a smart.

    Lilly cared about her father so she wasn’t going anywhere.

    Kenny could have done more. Clementine helped Lee more than Kenny until the end of the episode when Kenny saved Lee.

    @phoray said: judging that only a shelf was covering an apparently broken window to the left of the main door... How did anyone think they were safe just cuz the official door was locked?

    The pharmacy was likely the least bad option.

    @phoray said: I always get the feeling that the lady with the screw driver in her shoulder (you see her as soon as the alarm goes off) is Lee's mom. I think she looks the right body type/age/color ish.

    Hard to tell for me.

    @phoray said: Or, oh my gosh, are they what the zombies are snacking on in the first initial scene before the Kenny group are ushered into the store?

    That is good guess. I didn’t think of that.

  • @Gregory2012 said: He didn’t need them until he collapsed..

    I get that, I remember. Glenn did go off to siphon gas, but that left Carly staring at a radio she really 100% thought was broken. Ok, Doug was playing look out, and Kenny claimed fatigue (despite just standing there and not actually getting any rest.) I find it odd that Lilly thought the best thing for her father was sitting there useless rather than looking for pills with me. It just seemed that other than Lilly, Clem, and I, everyone ignored the sick man. They really didn't seem to have him on their mind at all.

    Fixing the radio was a good idea. The pharmacy had an old newspaper. The TV at Clementine’s house didn’t broadcast anything. The radio gave the survivors some information which is better than none. .

    Except she wasn't trying to fix it at all. It was just an object to focus on while off in her own world thinking. That, however, is good reasoning for Lee to pick up the cause. Although, judging from how GEE GOLLY positively gung ho about helping the St. John's, maybe helping is innate to his character.

  • @phoray said: I read that. I thought they had covered and said that our armies didn't get the whole "head shot is the only thing that works" concept. Threw a bunch of shrapnel and fire at the oncoming horde, and then we mostly lost to the psychological panic that caused when our standbys didn't stop them. There was suicide occurring on the front line the minute it didn't work.

    Except the attempts to cover it don't make sense, headshot or no, nobody's moving much if you fill with them with enough holes: it doesn't matter if you feel pain or not, shatter a femur or spine for example, they're not walking anymore since the structure can no longer bear weight. Then there's the notion that exploding cars are more damaging than heavy artillery, etc. Hell, even expending all of your ammunition wouldn't be the end of the game, since you can just crush them under the treads of tanks - between a 60 - 70 ton rolling, armored block and a zombie or even a bunch of zombies, I'm not betting on the zombie. :p

    And the whole mess in that scenario started because they failed to properly search and clear the houses in the neighborhood. But I digress, point is, with zombie fiction, sometimes you just have to turn your brain off.

  • @phoray said: I just realized... Why would they check the office but not the bathroom? Just think if they were really that concerned (and heck, someone has to use the restroom eventually, no?) why would they not check to only other obvious room?

    They haven't checked the bathroom because it was locked. First Clem says that it is locked and Lee tells her to look for keys behind the counter because he knows where his parents kept keys ^^ this leads to a shot which almost killed whole group.

  • @phoray said: I just realized... Why would they check the office but not the bathroom? Just think if they were really that concerned (and heck, someone has to use the restroom eventually, no?) why would they not check to only other obvious room?

    Maybe they came in through the office? PS: Shh!

    @phoray said: They haven't checked the bathroom because it was locked. First Clem says that it is locked and Lee tells her to look for keys behind the counter because he knows where his parents kept keys ^^ this leads to a shot which almost killed whole group.


    Oh yeah I mean this. This is the real reason. Canon established. ¬ ¬

  • @Jake said: Maybe they came in through the office? PS: Shh!


    Oh yeah I mean this. This is the real reason. Canon established. ¬ ¬

    What business doesn't keep the keys to their locked bathroom behind the counter?

    They were looking for keys to the pharmacy before you go there. (Implied by Lily's lines during Larry's little attack.)

    They didn't look behind the counter for the keys to the pharmacy? That's pretty stupid of them. They would at least have found those keys and tried them out. They didn't find them at all, because they didn't look for keys, because their thought processes are illogical for various reasons.

  • Just a question: Whatever happened to Lee's ex-wife?

Add Comment