User Avatar Image

What Do you think Will be The Consequences of (SPOILER) Stealing from the Car?

posted by Dasacugo on - last edited - Viewed by 5.3K users

The decision of stealing or not the food from the car was the hardest for me. In first place, it moved me that Clem :) faced all the group, so i finally decided to support her, because i didn't wanted that she feel alone, but later that night i thought that was a coward action from me let her be hungry by just a moral choice. What do you think will be the Consequences of what we all choose for the next Episodes(Share your decision).

PD Sorry for my bad english. My Native Language is Spanish.

261 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Milosuperspesh said: why does doug offer batteries to clem ? and still walkey talkey is broked...stupid doug..

I couldn't help but laugh at Doug for that. "Hey Clem, want some batteries. Hmm hmm?" like they were some popular children's toy.

• My Lee is the kind of guy who does anything to protect the group. I tried to save Larry because he was from our group and I knew he was reliable. He didn't tell the others who I was and despite he tried to get rid of me once I knew he wouldn't try to hurt me anymore. Still I couldn't let Danny go away. I knew he would die anyway but I was sending a message. To anybody who would try to hurt my group and to the group itself. I'm the leader and I will do ANYTHING to protect the people I care about. After that I killed Andy. It was a sad scene and I felt it needed a closure. We needed to know for sure that it's over!
    I wanted Clem to feel safe.
    When we found the food I said we are getting it. I don't consider it stealing because no one was guarding it and the owners are most probably dead. In a zombie apocalypse anything left unattended is ripe for the taking. Clem needs to understand that the well-being of our group and survival are the most important things now. It's good that I have Carley, Lilly and probably Ben to keep her safe too. If somebody comes to hurt my group because of the food or not, they wil have to go through Lee first.

• @Sisterofshane said: I think it will be less of a playable situational consequence and more of one that shapes Clementine and how she views the world.

If you leave the food, you are reinforcing her belief that stealing is never okay.

If you take the food, she gets the impression that stealing is okay. You can then try to make her understand that this is not completely a wrong or right issue, and perhaps reinforce that sometimes the right thing to do IS (morally) wrong.

Expect from player's viewpoint there is no moral problem once he realizes that car's owner is dead (assuming he pays actual attention to storyline). However characters don't know that.

• Clord, I regard myself as a person who pays attention to the story and yet I don't know who's car it was...

• @YamiRaziel said: Clord, I regard myself as a person who pays attention to the story and yet I don't know who's car it was...

There was the theory that is was Jolene's car (crazy lady with the crossbow's) car due to an odd shot from the camera video. We do never know why she was away from camp during our search of it. But watching the video again, I realize the odd shot was of the bottom of the tent, not the beige seats of the vehicle.

I've played the game 4 times through and have found no info on who's car it was. Taking the food was based on rationalized assumptions about what happened to the owner and the fact that your group is slowly starving to death.

• I took the food, though it was a difficult choice to make. I stressed to Clem we werent the same as the bandits because we didnt know for a fact we were stealing from people who were still alive. Odds are the people who owned that car are either dead or have fled the area.

I didnt kill either of the St John brothers prior to that, so she was still pretty trusting of Lee upto that point. I'm hoping this one incident wont do too much damage trust wise.

• @Milosuperspesh said: why does doug offer batteries to clem ? and still walkey talkey is broked...stupid doug..

Because having the walkie talkie, especially in a working condition, gave Clem a phychological link to her parents. She could make pretend that she could still talk to them, even though there gone. Its comforting to her.

It was nice of Doug to make that gesture for her, even though he could probably use those batteries himself for a more practical use.

• Oh yeah. I wanted to present my theory.

You know how the bandits attacked saying that the St. John's had broken their deal.

And jolene was conspicuously missing from her camp.

And then there was an empty car.

My theory is thus.

Jolene went to put the bandits against the St. John's because that would keep the bandits not looking at the Lee camp at the motel. She did this by procuring a car and going off to steal supplies from the bandits. OR... The bandits were using the car to pick up some of the food from the St. John's and she hijacked it. The blackmail (food) was never delivered so the bandits assumed the St. John's stopped the deal.

Either way, Jolene is nuts and probably having accomplished her one lucid goal, wandered off from the car of loot she had just stopped from reaching the bandits.

She may have lured the driving bandit away with a little free sex and killed him in the bushes. He was thinking he'd be right back....

• but i got the impression the walkie needs actually fixing not just batteries..

the car methinks is just one of those things that has no explanation it is just there as a plot device to move past the whole hunger and supply issue..

hopefully ep3 will bring closure..

• @Milosuperspesh said: but i got the impression the walkie needs actually fixing not just batteries..

the car methinks is just one of those things that has no explanation it is just there as a plot device to move past the whole hunger and supply issue..

hopefully ep3 will bring closure..

Yeah, she fell on it and broke it. She never said the battery dies. I think it's just a set up for a walkie talkie repair come episode 3. Either way, I find it so odd that Clem refuses the food and the hoodie, but doesn't balk at accepting batteries that do nothing for her walkie talkie.

Episode 3 has to at least mention the car, even if they never explain why it was there. I just think my Jolene theory is thus far the most plausible. Only a crazy person would leave a car full of loot. And Jolene is crazy. PErhaps I'm biased, though, cuz it is my baby theory. ;)

Add Comment