User Avatar Image

Telltale's consumer based "Hint's and Tips"

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Since Telltale is cool, and LucAssfarts isnt, I feel there is a heck of a chance you could see a game made that you actually want! Personally, I'm tired of swinging the ol' digital lightsaber around. You know what I mean?

Come to think of it, what do YOU want to see from Telltale?

Personally, Ren and Stimpy are two excellent characters for an adventure. I think. No? Eh.

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yup EMI was a great Lucasarts style adventure game, not a good monkey island game, but a good old classic LA style adventure game and YES those " I want to beat the crap out of the EMI team " posts ARE really pissing me off X-(. Damn this place is turning into BitchnBojo forums #2

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

In my opinion EMI was a great game, Adventure and Monkey Island. It wasn't a bad game just the least good of the series. The game still rocked!
    I started playing the games again recently and EMI is the one you have to think most with. The other 3 games are easy when you finished them a few times because you know all the puzzles and solutions. In EMI you are always stuck a little longer because of the monkey combat, which everyone thinks was bad, but I think was good. The thing I didn' like about the game was the fact that it wasn't point 'n click.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I had to play it again because I missed the whole "frankenstein" thing.

• there was some sort of suposed glitch in the game where if you did it in the wrong order you couldn't solve the puzzles. that pissed me off a bit since I didn't have a save anywhere near that and it was before that money kombat thing which took some time.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

There was that in sam and max 2, where you didn't try to ride the cone of tragedy untill max was in the stuck in the golfing box. Sam refuses to ride it. Ohhh, and I didn't think Monkey Combat was bad. It gave the game a bit of kick which it needed.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]There was that in sam and max 2, where you ...[/quote]

Nice freudian slip, lol...
    I wish that was in Sam and Max 2!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i wish that game excisted :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I was being harsh, but with good reason.
    Although Monkey 4 is a great game with some good mini games (Monkey Kombat and Murray Ball) and hilarious dialogue, I really think it's a bit crappy compared to their other games (Grim Fandango and Sam & Max for example) - the acting was bad compared to COMI's, there were plenty of glitches, the story seemed to be worse than the other MI games, with plot holes galore and I can't help but feel cheated when the PS2 version has high-res models/graphics, less bugs/glitches and an improved Monkey Kombat interface (although the PS2 version being superior was probably LucasArts' fault).
    Don't get me wrong, I do love the game it's just that it falls below the high standard marked by other LucasArts adventures and indeed the other MIs.
    And if the guys at Telltale get the rights to MI5 they must hire Ron Gilbert - he said in a recent interview that he has to make it.

• The acting was bad?!? The hell? EMI had, bar none, some of the greatest voice work I've ever heard in a video game. Got any specific reason as to why you think it's bad compared to CMI?

If EMI was buggy, Grim Fandango was a bug-infested wasteland.

I can't argue with the story, as that's an opinion of yours which I don't expect to change. Needless to say I've had no problems with the story nor can I find any plot holes.

I'm not really sure what you mean by complaining about the Ps2 port being better as if that is somehow an attack against the game itself, but I'll humor you. Higher-res graphics? It is true that the polygon count for character models was increased, but the resolution is the same. Better Monkey Kombat interface? The interface is the same; the improvement is that you now have easy access to view the stances you have learned. More bug fixes? Perhaps, but I'm sure it's not a substantial improvement over the 1.1 patch, unless you've got some proof to the contrary.

Ron Gilbert wants to make Mi5. Yeah, I could have told you that. He wanted to make MI3 and MI4 too, but he didn't, because he can't. It's not going to happen, so stop trying to belittle the efforts of the EMI team just because it wasn't headed by the guy you wanted, even though veterans Stemmle and Clark (who'd been with the company since freakin' 1990) were completely capable of tackling the project. There's no one I want more to make a Monkey Island than Ron Gilbert, but there's a little something called reality that we sometimes have to face.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

In my opinion, (and I know you all care), EMI was a great game. It was the weakest of the Monkey Island games, but still great.

Add Comment