User Avatar Image

In your first playthrough did you...

posted by Sisterofshane on - last edited - Viewed by 975 users

...both chop off the teacher's leg, and side with Lilly in the meat locker? What were the exact circumstances behind each dilemma that you faced?

For an example, I will tell you what happened in MY first playthrough of episode 2. I didn't immediately chop off the teacher's leg. I first tried to hit the chain with the axe, and after that failed to do ANY visible damage, I then tried to pry open the trap by force. It was at this point Kenny said "Do something now or ..." (and I honestly don't remember EVERYTHING he said, because of the heat of the moment). At this point, I decided to chop off his leg. Three hits, leg was off, and I escaped with the teacher.

Fast forward to the meat locker, I chose to side with Kenny, for a multitude of reasons that would take TOO long to put here, but the least of which being that I felt that it was impossible to save Larry's life, and that every second exponentially increased the risk of him turning into a walker with us still trapped in the meat locker. Even then, I waited 'til the last possible second to finally click on Kenny.

I'm not going to include a poll, because I feel that is impossible to accurately capture EVERYONE'S specific reasoning behind their choices (not without using up the 50 option limit, anyway). With that said, please feel free to say WHY you did what you did, in both situations! I'm hoping to glean some insight on how morally consistent people are, and I think that these two situations are the closest I can get in game for comparison!

Also, please try to keep disagreements to a minimum - there are plenty of other threads in which already exist to argue about the finer parts of morality in the Walking Dead setting - all of which I would recommend if you are looking for a good time (or argument :D)! I'm really looking for more a statistical view of people, as opposed to WHY someone is right or wrong.

EDIT: Part 2, for those who chopped off the leg - did it occur to you that the teacher may die from blood loss later? Did it matter to you that he might have been dead either way?

Part 3 - What was your honest assessment at Larry's chance at life? If you had to give a percentage as to how sure you were that he could be revived, what would it be? Did that influence your decision to side with Lilly or not?

Part 4 - How many of you also gave Irene the gun in episode one? Explain why you did or did not allow her to kill herself.

102 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Aidan_1_ said: lily's a bitch her voice annoys me she looks like she going insane in my flash of episode 3
    i sided with kenny on everything btw

Did you also chop off the teacher's leg? If you tried, were you successful in saving him? Did you hesitate before choosing to cut his leg off?

• I understood right away that the either the leg had to go or he had to be left to his fate, but nevertheless I explored other options.. before eventually giving him the chop. Figured it would be preferable to grisly death by walkers.

I also sided with Lily because I'm not about to let somebody get killed because he might be lost anyway. That's not how I roll.

• Thanks to everyone who contributed so far! Remember if you are going to post, I want three specific things:

-Did you try to cut off the teacher's leg? (regardless of if you were successful or not!)

-Did you end up saving the teacher, or did fiddling around mean you left the teacher to die?

-Did you side with Lilly, or with Kenny in the meat locker?

There will be a part two for people who did cut off the teacher's leg, but not until I leave enough time for everyone to get a chance to answer part one. Tell your friends!

• Sided with lily and opted to cut off the teacher's leg. Planning to stick with those choices for most of my playthroughs, I keep the alternate save slots for situations where where the option that's "right" for me isn't immediately visible, such as the Saving Doug/Carley portion.

If there was a way to mercy kill the teacher I'd try that option out over simply running away, but the alternative simply didn't appeal to me.

• I hacked the teacher's leg off right away. No release? No choice.

When in the meat locker, I knew what was going down, but knew that Lily needed me on her side. I wanted to pull Kenny aside later and say "Thank god, man. I didn't want to do that."

• @Master of Aeons said: I hacked the teacher's leg off right away. No release? No choice.

When in the meat locker, I knew what was going down, but knew that Lily needed me on her side. I wanted to pull Kenny aside later and say "Thank god, man. I didn't want to do that."

Interesting- you thought that killing Larry was the right thing to do, but didn't want to be the one to take the fall? Or you were expecting that you would save Larry's life and that you would then be relieved that NO ONE had to kill him?

• First playthrough:
    Tried everything to get the teacher out and even tried to cut the tree down!
    then moved on to cut his leg off and ran out of time before the final cut, poor guy! at least his suffering didn't last long......

Sided with Kenny in the meat locker, felt so wrong forcibly holding back a pleading woman who was only trying to save her father and then choosing the "I know you hate Kenny" option with Lilly only added to my guilt.
    Lilly: "Kenny has his family and you have Clementine. I've got nothing now. You've left me with nothing" sorry Lilly.....

I'm with Lilly in all my other playthroughs now. By choosing to side and be civil to her she is much more pleasant and thus I've come to understand her and Larry better than I did, causing me to respect and like her more than I did in episode 1.

• Chopped of the teachers leg, sided up with Kenny.
    When outside fighting one of the brothers Lilly just stood there with her gun doing nothing.
    I was like, yeah well I deserved that. Still hate her for it hough.
    I hope she leaves in ep.3 And if I get in a situation where I need to save her life I wont. Ha take that you B....!

• @Sisterofshane said: Thanks to everyone who contributed so far! Remember if you are going to post, I want three specific things:

-Did you try to cut off the teacher's leg? (regardless of if you were successful or not!)

-Did you end up saving the teacher, or did fiddling around mean you left the teacher to die?

-Did you side with Lilly, or with Kenny in the meat locker?

There will be a part two for people who did cut off the teacher's leg, but not until I leave enough time for everyone to get a chance to answer part one. Tell your friends!

I tried. I got in one good hit before time ran out. That was rough.

Too much fiddling around. Tried the chain, then the trap. Then the leg. Hit the leg once then had to fall back. Teacher got eaten by walkers. Damn.

Sided with Lilly. It was a moment of weakness. I had every intention of killing Larry at my first opportunity but after talking with Lilly by the gazebo I began to understand why Larry is the way he is (was). Hesitated, tried CPR, thought I could kill him later...thanks Kenny.

On the up side, that was a cool scene with Larry's blood all over Lilly, she has her weapon at the ready, in a patrol mode when the group is walking back to the motel. She looks like a T2000 hunting for humans.

• I cut off the teacher's leg. Tried to pry open the trap and to chop the chain but in the end I went for the leg while there was still some distance between us and the walkers.

I sided with Kenny in the meat locker. In hindsight I would try to save Larry, but at the time I didn't know if he would reanimate and attack Clem. In a real life situation where there is no "game over" and "retry" I would have figured him as good as dead and too dangerous to hope for the best.

Add Comment