User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So I spoke to a mate of mine who was having the same download issue on his iMac. He used bootcamp and put windows 7 on there, same internet connection, same computer hardware just different OS, guess what, that works.....so if it isn't fixed soon then I will have to infect my mac with windows......

• you can go into settings/graphic and turn off full screen, this way you can at least do something else while the game (fails) to download episode 2. I suppose it would be helpful to keep this forum going just so that the support staff knows we are still very concerned. But I don't feel like I've gotten any support so far. I've basically payed for a defective product and have received no avenue for addressing this issue.

• @JBelin said: I've never seen customer service this poor.

I hate to say it...but I agree. -____-

• @killercow28 said: you can go into settings/graphic and turn off full screen, this way you can at least do something else while the game (fails) to download episode 2. I suppose it would be helpful to keep this forum going just so that the support staff knows we are still very concerned. But I don't feel like I've gotten any support so far. I've basically payed for a defective product and have received no avenue for addressing this issue.

YEP!!!! that basically ..... nothing has changed ....... still just want to play my game I can't believe a company would act like this in this day and age there are so many social/informational mediums that a lack of communication even just to say "we are still hard at work on a solution" is just absurd.

• @killercow28 said: you can go into settings/graphic and turn off full screen, this way you can at least do something else while the game (fails) to download episode 2. I suppose it would be helpful to keep this forum going just so that the support staff knows we are still very concerned. But I don't feel like I've gotten any support so far. I've basically payed for a defective product and have received no avenue for addressing this issue.

Totally. I can't believe they don't have the common decency to reply to inquiries of a refund for their defective product.

I ordered their game on the condition of it each episode being released monthly. Which not only have they not delivered on, they're now saying each episode will be every 2 months?

Episode 2 doesn't even work properly and it was over a month overdue.

You'd think they would at least appear concerned about these issues. But they already have our money.

If I try this, the entire application just crashes after a while, so I'm stuck looking at the Episodes screen while I'm hoping my download will complete.
    Which never happens...

• My 10th+ attempt to download episode 2 on my imac. 79% downloaded and connection lost. I really hope that potential buyers of the mac version read this forum because TTG don't have the courtesy to publicly admit IT CAN'T BE PLAYED ON MAC!

• I posted this in another forum, but I tried downloading episode at another location with another internet connection and it worked. I started playing Episode 2 today without a problem. I suppose it may be worth trying downloading the game at another location with another connection if convenient.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@killercow28 said: I posted this in another forum, but I tried downloading episode at another location with another internet connection and it worked. I started playing Episode 2 today without a problem. I suppose it may be worth trying downloading the game at another location with another connection if convenient.

That's interesting. In that case it might even be worth trying to download while connected through a VPN, e.g. Hotspot Shield.

• I am so happy to report that if you connect to the strongest signal that is possible for you it will actually download!!!!!!! I have succeeded in getting ep 2 to work!!!!!

Add Comment