User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 10K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Guess I have to go over this thread now that I'm part of the "club". Just got it in the mail and have to figure out what to get for it.

• @Johro said: Guess I have to go over this thread now that I'm part of the "club". Just got it in the mail and have to figure out what to get for it.

Well, I'll go over the few games I've scrounged up the money to get for mine.

The first was an Ubisoft Dinosaur game. Not great, but it was the only game at launch I really cared for. Graphics are nice though, better than the Wii Dinosaur fighting game. Gameplay's very dull though. I'd give it a 5.5/10. It was just a title to hold me over for a bit, and I spent more time with Mario 64 DS and Pokemon HeartGold since I could finally play them.

Dead or Alive Dimensions. Now THIS was more like it. Fun game, lots of unlockables, great gameplay. The visuals are top notch, and yes, you can look at character models in 3D. And this is Team Ninja. Shaking the system while looking at the more..."gifted" female characters does give some nice...effects. The story is essentially a truncated version of DoA 1 through 4. I'd give it a 7/10.

Ocarina of Time 3D. It's Ocarina of Time but with better visuals and framerate, but the story, gameplay, and sounds are the mostly same. Personally, I can't play the 64 version any more, but that's bias. If you like Ocarina of Time, then this is for you. If not, there's nothing really new to catch your attention. I give it a 10/10, but I'm biased.:p

StarFox 64 3D. It's the same as above, pretty much. The only real difference here is that StarFox has remastered music and voice acting as well as visuals. The only thing I don't like is that the vs. mode seems a bit watered down from the original game, and no true online play. They could've really taken advantage of that. Because of that, it gets an 8/10. It loses a point because...well, I think the original voice acting was actually better.

Super Mario 3D Land. This is a fun game. While I was a little disappointed that the Tanooki Suit doesn't give Mario flight, it's still pretty neat. The visuals are top-notch, the music is great, and it's a fun 3D/2D Mario game. It's also the easiest on this list to just pick up and play for a few minutes, then do something else. It gets a 9/10, losing a point because...it's really easy. Plus it's extraordinarily easy to get max lives.

As for demos, I've played Resident Evil Revelations, Metal Gear Solid, Lego Batman 2, Rayman Origins, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Kingdom Hearts 3D. All of those are fun, so hopefully the full games are too.

• So...we got a 3ds XL coming in August. I might pick this up, since I don't have a regular 3ds(hated the colors).

• I think the purple one that's out now is pretty nice. And how could you say this isn't SO PRETTY?

2011-11-25143410.jpgShowing it off every damn chance I get.

If I got an XL, I'd probably go with black/red to match my DS Lite. I'm not really in the market for another 3DS, though.

• You really do love that thing Guru.

I might get an XL, but that all depends on money at the time.

• Not going to review Theatrhythm just yet.

But I will say the pre-order bonus, the Stylus (and sticker set to put on there, I chose Terra btw (It was either that or a Moogle, or a Chocobo), is freakin great! :D

Its probably the most comfortable stylus I have ever had in my hand! Better than the 3DS's default one and the DS lite's!

My impressions of the game are positive so far. (I picked up the DLCs so far as well. Even though I've never heard most of them! XD)

I want to play it some more, before I give a full analysis.

• Finally got round to playing the theatrythm demo, and I have to say it's amazing. I've barely had anything to do with the franchise (I've spent about two hours on the iOS port of the first FF, and I rented it 8 or 9 when I was a kid for a couple of nights. ) so the music doesn't mean much too me. So I'm seeing it from the perspective of an awesome music game with cool 3D visuals and a fantastic soundtrack. Damn I wish they'd port FFVII to the 3Ds or android, so I can play it!

Oh yeah, and I finished kid Icarus. It's awesome. It's everything star fox should be, if he wasn't too busy playing tactical command, or hitting people with sticks. ( Not that SFA was a bad game, just nit star fox.). The voice acting is decent, the plot full of twists, which whilst not earth shattering, provide a good way for the game to keep going for several more hours. The online is good too. The team mode anyway. fee for all always lags for me.

Oh, and the controls aren't as bad as everyone is saying. Sure you can't play for several hours straight, but then the 3DS battery is only like 3 hours anyway! And your hands get used to it. At the beginning of the game, I would get a little bit of hand ramp after a level, and njow I can do several in a row before feeling the pain. But hey, pain whilst playing games was a staple of my childhood (Mario party blisters were a regular phenomenon)

• @Friar said: Finally got round to playing the theatrythm demo, and I have to say it's amazing. I've barely had anything to do with the franchise (I've spent about two hours on the iOS port of the first FF, and I rented it 8 or 9 when I was a kid for a couple of nights. ) so the music doesn't mean much too me. So I'm seeing it from the perspective of an awesome music game with cool 3D visuals and a fantastic soundtrack. Damn I wish they'd port FFVII to the 3Ds or android, so I can play it!

Oh yeah, and I finished kid Icarus. It's awesome. It's everything star fox should be, if he wasn't too busy playing tactical command, or hitting people with sticks. ( Not that SFA was a bad game, just nit star fox.). The voice acting is decent, the plot full of twists, which whilst not earth shattering, provide a good way for the game to keep going for several more hours. The online is good too. The team mode anyway. fee for all always lags for me.

Oh, and the controls aren't as bad as everyone is saying. Sure you can't play for several hours straight, but then the 3DS battery is only like 3 hours anyway! And your hands get used to it. At the beginning of the game, I would get a little bit of hand ramp after a level, and njow I can do several in a row before feeling the pain. But hey, pain whilst playing games was a staple of my childhood (Mario party blisters were a regular phenomenon)

Oh what I would give to be right handed!
    (Kid Icarus - The Anti-left handed game)

I would suggest out of the Final Fantasy games to play III, VI, IX and X.

VII and VIII deserve a try, and some people love IV, but I'll admit I never got into those ones as much as I did the others.

And XIII? Nope.

• Which one is the one with the university at the beginning? That's the one I rented.

• @Friar said: Which one is the one with the university at the beginning? That's the one I rented.

That's eight. I do not like it, get VII or IX I say.

Add Comment