User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @killercow28 said: I posted this in another forum, but I tried downloading episode at another location with another internet connection and it worked. I started playing Episode 2 today without a problem. I suppose it may be worth trying downloading the game at another location with another connection if convenient.

I just happened to be in a different location with wifi when I read this comment. This also worked for me. It's ridiculous, but it worked.

I guess we are all the poor unfortunate souls who have to relocate into a different wifi area in order to play this game EVERY time a new episode is released. >__>

If this is the case, then this is the last game I will ever purchase from Telltale Games.

I'm sorry, but this beyond unbelievable. Good luck everyone.

• So, I need a new connection to download the Second Episode?? Ridiculous... I will never download this f****** episode.. bah...

• @BitToTheFuture said: So, I need a new connection to download the Second Episode?? Ridiculous... I will never download this f****** episode.. bah...

Living in Australia, our internet isn't as fast as other parts of the world. Tried again this morning. Same problem.

• @JBelin said: Living in Australia, our internet isn't as fast as other parts of the world. Tried again this morning. Same problem.

were you connected via wifi or cable? i havent had a chance to try a wired connection yet but one would think that would give us aussies the best possible chance?

• @AppleWorm said: I am so happy to report that if you connect to the strongest signal that is possible for you it will actually download!!!!!!! I have succeeded in getting ep 2 to work!!!!!

I'm already using the best signal in my house, but it does not work...

• Living in Italy, cable connection, continuous FAILURE.
    (same shit at the hotel, i had to give her the pistol quickly as possible to go on)

• Sorry fellow Aussies, just tried a cable connection, no luck, stopped again at 68%. This is really getting the better of me and silence from TT just makes me madder each day. Furious.

• So I'd have to drag my imac somewhere where there is an unprotected wifi or something to get this piece of shit product to download? I've tried hotspot shields etc. but nothing works.

The only thing that makes me happy about this game is that I've managed to stop two of my friends from buying this stupid game from this joke of a company.

• It's ridiculous that there is still no comment from TT.

• There has been a comment but they can't seem to work out how to fix this stupid, seemingly simple problem.

They don't want to scare off more potential suckers.

Add Comment