User Avatar Image

[PS3] Walking Dead deleted all my saves

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

booted up my ps3 today, went to walking dead and it said there was an error and it would correct itself. after allowing it to do it's thing, i went to play and all my saved games are gone. the file is still in the saved folder though. any help?

edit: the save file may have also been altered because it's only 167KB now. crap, did i just lose everything??

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It happened to me as well. PS3, all three saves gone.

• Just went to start my 3rd playthrough. as the selfish, cold blooded lee, and the only save with doug and its corrupted.

fix this please.

wankers.

• Hi,

Per my update to the Support FAQ last week, we are definitely looking into this and taking it seriously, but have not yet been able to reproduce it in-house. I'm really sorry it's happening and I wish I had more news, but I don't at the moment.

If you're experiencing this issue, are you using an older PS3, or one of the newer slim models?

Thanks,
    Mike

• @Mike said: Hi,

Per my update to the Support FAQ last week, we are definitely looking into this and taking it seriously, but have not yet been able to reproduce it in-house. I'm really sorry it's happening and I wish I had more news, but I don't at the moment.

If you're experiencing this issue, are you using an older PS3, or one of the newer slim models?

Thanks,
    Mike

I'm using a PS3 slim.

Thanks,
    Mike

im using the ps3 slim. save file error when game starts, like many others it happened when going to play ep2 for 3rd time in 3rd slot.

Thanks,
    Mike

Hello there, I have recently signed up to the telltale forums to report this problem.

I am using a 60GB fatty model with a 500GB hard drive I installed myself.

I had 2 separate save games before playing episode 2, and completed episode 2 using both saves.

I started episode 1 using the 3rd save, and did not encounter any problems. However the next time I booted up I got an error saying the save file had been corrupted, and that the Walking Dead was repairing the file.

Unfortunately non of my saves appear when I load up the game, although the save data still appears on the XMB as a non corrupted save file.

Judging by other threads in the forums it appears that it is not just PS3 users who have this problem.

I hope this info has proved useful and that you can fix the problem ASAP!

Many thanks :)

Thanks,
    Mike

Im using slim version when i try to download episode 2 it says This content cannot be accessed on your account please can you fix it i live in finland if you need to know that. im really annoyed since it doesnt work and i payed 20 euros for the season pass please reply.

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike,

I have a PS3 slim that is not even a year old yet ,and I am also having this problem. My save corrupted twice so far and i refused to start a new game until this bug is fixed.

I hope this gets resolved soon , because I truly am in love with this game.

Thanks.- Dee Everett

Thanks,
    Mike

hey, my ps3 is a newer slim. here's how to reproduce it:

- fill 3 slots with episode 1
    - download the patch update that comes with episode 2
    - play 2 episodes of episode two from those continued saves
    - try to continue your 3rd slot; you'll be given a corrupt data error

Add Comment