User Avatar Image

Affecting Clementine

posted by Death689God on - last edited - Viewed by 565 users

Due to Clem-Clem echoing what you say in Hershel's Barn in the St. Johns' Barn, it's becoming clear that the choices you make with her matter. As such, I'd like to know how others are raising her compared to me.

I try to be honest and direct with her, reasoning instead of pandering, and I'm making my choices in the mindset of making her a survivor... As Lee, you've basically become her adoptive parent, and I believe a parents job is to prepare their child for the world. And preparing a child for this world means making some tough calls, most of them I've been willing to make.
But I'm never Cold, I told her I'd find her hat and I make sure she stays fed and I fixed the swing just for her. But still, I eliminated outside threats like Jolene and the Saint Johns, I stole from the car, I tried to save Larry since he was one of our own, etc, etc, etc.

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Death689God said: Due to Clem-Clem echoing what you say in Hershel's Barn in the St. Johns' Barn, it's becoming clear that the choices you make with her matter. As such, I'd like to know how others are raising her compared to me.

I try to be honest and direct with her, reasoning instead of pandering, and I'm making my choices in the mindset of making her a survivor... As Lee, you've basically become her adoptive parent, and I believe a parents job is to prepare their child for the world. And preparing a child for this world means making some tough calls, most of them I've been willing to make.
    But I'm never Cold, I told her I'd find her hat and I make sure she stays fed and I fixed the swing just for her. But still, I eliminated outside threats like Jolene and the Saint Johns, I stole from the car, I tried to save Larry since he was one of our own, etc, etc, etc.

I, too, am going the honest route with Clem.. I told her I killed the man, before Carley came in... I "cheated" by re-playing the last bit of Ep 2... I killed the first brother, not realizing that Clem was right there... and I was able to take the stash from the car after seeing the video showing the owner was already dead.

I'm looking forward to Ep 3... I just hope it doesn't take two months.

• what video showing the owner was dead? if you mean jolene it's been established thats her tent not a car

• I try to be as honest with her as possible too. Clementine serves as a moral compass in the games perhaps (just like Dale was in the TV series), but there has to be a balance between the need to survive and doing the what is supposed to be the "right thing" in an ideal world.

• but children learn in extremes it's why theres the

democrat option
    Killing is wrong

Republican option
    bad people need to die

and Independant option
    Killing should only be a last resort

you teach clem stealing is ok to survive she believes she can steal from duck because you stole. i mean they don't get the concept of case by case basis

• In the comics, Rick makes a comment about why bother trying to survive if his son is dead inside. That's how i feel about Clem. I don't want her to loose her faith in humanity so I've made decisions like not killing the St. Johns.

• @CapnJay said: you teach clem stealing is ok to survive she believes she can steal from duck because you stole. i mean they don't get the concept of case by case basis

That's one of the issues I had with making that choice, I thought about taking another route and not choosing the "we're not like the bandits" option. I wanted to choose the "hold on to it" one, but I don't redo my main playthrough.

However, screw duck. Best he die so future generations genetics aren't muddied by his filth. :p

Personally I think Clem-Clem's smart enough to know that we're stealing for the group, not just personal gain. She's a really smart girl... Unlike that one Dumbass U Can't Kill. (See what I did there?)

• @mooneysuzuki said: In the comics, Rick makes a comment about why bother trying to survive if his son is dead inside. That's how i feel about Clem. I don't want her to loose her faith in humanity so I've made decisions like not killing the St. Johns.

There are ways to teach survival but still retain your humanity, you just have to pick your battles. Kill the brothers because they are a threat, but (try) to save Larry because he's on of your people. Steal from the Car because we don't know these people, or if they're even alive. (What kind of person leaves that much food unattended?)

Also, I make sure to feed our group and teach her selflessness. (Look for her hat, fix the swing, give the last bit of food to someone else instead of keeping it for yourself.)... I think the key is going to be picking your battles.

• @Death689God said: That's one of the issues I had with making that choice, I thought about taking another route and not choosing the "we're not like the bandits" option. I wanted to choose the "hold on to it" one, but I don't redo my main playthrough.

However, screw duck. Best he die so future generations genetics aren't muddied by his filth. :p

Personally I think Clem-Clem's smart enough to know that we're stealing for the group, not just personal gain. She's a really smart girl... Unlike that one Dumbass U Can't Kill. (See what I did there?)

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jp

• @Death689God said: .. I think the key is going to be picking your battles.

and your batteries :p

• @CapnJay said: and your batteries :p

Yeah, well, good thing I had them... I really hope Ep 3 lets me kill some of those bandits. They're sick animals, and need to be put down. (I'm going off topic now.)

Add Comment