User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • yeah its pretty bad .... the only way I found out about the connection solution for me was that I had my laptop at my mothers house and I was able to download the game on it .... so I went home grabbed my 27'' IMAC (not easy to transport unboxed) and took it over moms house to download a game .. that is ridiculous that I needed to do that just to play a game.. I just don't get why we all were able to get episode 1 and now we can't get episode 2.. logical thinking to me would be if they changed something put it back to what it was if they have to many customers for their site to handle boost signal ect. but I am not a technician or anything like that so... I am probably way off base.. I am really sorry for you guys whom can't play your game yet. I hope that TTG figures this crap out real soon .

• Telltale has some of the worst customer support in the industry. Had similar problems with Monkey Island. Once they've got your money, they just seem to be happy to go silent and get problems sorted at a very lazy pace (i.e. a matter of months rather than days). It's unacceptable but what can we do except vote with our wallets and spread the word at how crappy their support is.

• @killercow28 said: I posted this in another forum, but I tried downloading episode at another location with another internet connection and it worked. I started playing Episode 2 today without a problem. I suppose it may be worth trying downloading the game at another location with another connection if convenient.

Tried it on three different WiFi connections, three different ISP's and three different computers.
    Same shit every time. Connection error around 80%.

I was so excited when I began to read your post, but unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Congrats with episode 2 on Mac... you may just be THE ONLY Mac user who is able to play episode 2.

• I've tried some of the new techniques too and now it just stops at 13% instead 81%. Guess I don't have to wait as long to see that it doesn't work, but I was hoping for more than an infinite loading screen when I bought this.

• I have e-mailed Telltale Games twice about this issue with episode 2 and still have not received a response. I stated in my second e-mail that if I did not receive a response within 3-4 days that I would request a full refund. Since I can not even get an answer for that, I have now contacted the Better Business Bureau. The website is: http://goldengate.bbb.org/consumers

According to the site, they will process our claims and send them to the company asking for a response to our request. If they won't email us back, then this is the next best option because now they HAVE to give me an answer.

Good luck everyone

• I got a response saying that since the purchase was over 2 months old and I played episode 1 then they could not issue a refund. It's over 2 months old due to their delays!

I'm never buying another Telltale product.

• @JBelin said: I got a response saying that since the purchase was over 2 months old and I played episode 1 then they could not issue a refund. It's over 2 months old due to their delays!

I'm never buying another Telltale product.

What the shit?! That is total crap. Are those idiots actually trying to tell you that refund is out of the question because they have failed to deliver a functioning product within advertised time? I can hardly believe that the US law allows companies to keep customers' money without delivering what is promised.

If you have 1/5 of the product you have paid for while the remainder (4/5) is DELAYED and/or DEFECTIVE (ep. 2 in this case) you definitely have the right to get a refund. With some basic mathematics we get to a refund sum of 20$.

If there's a time limit in which one must seek redress, it most definitely does not begin from the time of the purchase if the reason for seeking redress is failure to deliver.

MIKE or some other TTG dude, why is it so hard to publicly explain the problems and the possible solutions? Do you honestly think it is better to let us customers file complaints etc.?

PS. I think TTG is in big financial troubles. A healthy company does not treat customers this way.

• @billclinton said: What the shit?! That is total crap. Are those idiots actually trying to tell you that refund is out of the question because they have failed to deliver a functioning product within advertised time? I can hardly believe that the US law allows companies to keep customers' money without delivering what is promised.

If you have 1/5 of the product you have paid for while the remainder (4/5) is DELAYED and/or DEFECTIVE (ep. 2 in this case) you definitely have the right to get a refund. With some basic mathematics we get to a refund sum of 20$.

If there's a time limit in which one must seek redress, it most definitely does not begin from the time of the purchase if the reason for seeking redress is failure to deliver.

MIKE or some other TTG dude, why is it so hard to publicly explain the problems and the possible solutions? Do you honestly think it is better to let us customers file complaints etc.?

PS. I think TTG is in big financial troubles. A healthy company does not treat customers this way.

I know! I sent Mike a reply. I'll see what they say.

I think the main reasons the issues and bugs haven't been public is not to dissuade new customers (suckers).

• I made it guys.
    I tried as someone suggested to set everything on the lower level.
    And it worked!
    Then i have changed again the settings and it started normally.
    Thank you all, hope you ll find too a way out of this....

Add Comment