User Avatar Image

Affecting Clementine

posted by Death689God on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Due to Clem-Clem echoing what you say in Hershel's Barn in the St. Johns' Barn, it's becoming clear that the choices you make with her matter. As such, I'd like to know how others are raising her compared to me.

I try to be honest and direct with her, reasoning instead of pandering, and I'm making my choices in the mindset of making her a survivor... As Lee, you've basically become her adoptive parent, and I believe a parents job is to prepare their child for the world. And preparing a child for this world means making some tough calls, most of them I've been willing to make.
But I'm never Cold, I told her I'd find her hat and I make sure she stays fed and I fixed the swing just for her. But still, I eliminated outside threats like Jolene and the Saint Johns, I stole from the car, I tried to save Larry since he was one of our own, etc, etc, etc.

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If the comic has taught me anything about kids in this world, they handle killing (zombies and people) much more easily than the adults do.

Clem may be a killing machine come episode 4. "Some people need to die, right Lee?"

• @Master of Aeons said: If the comic has taught me anything about kids in this world, they handle killing (zombies and people) much more easily than the adults do.

Clem may be a killing machine come episode 4. "Some people need to die, right Lee?"

Is it wrong that when I read that, the thought of it made me smirk and think to myself "That's my Girl!"

• @Master of Aeons said: If the comic has taught me anything about kids in this world, they handle killing (zombies and people) much more easily than the adults do.

If this happens, she will become just like Carl in the comics. She grows up thinking that bad people need to be killed.

• @Zeruis said: If this happens, she will become just like Carl in the comics. She grows up thinking that bad people need to be killed.

EXACTLY what I want to see. I love [comic] Carl!

• @Master of Aeons said: EXACTLY what I want to see. I love [comic] Carl!

So I take it TV Carl is a let down for you then?

• @Death689God said: So I take it TV Carl is a let down for you then?

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST RECAPTURE CARL AS HE IS IN THE BOOK? He doesn't need multiple episodes shuffling his feet and being a kid. Carl was never like the TV show makes him out to be. Carl was responsible and smart, then made tough decisions like his dad, then was cold and effective. At no point did he ever jump off Daryl's motorcycle with a loaded gun in his hand and shout "Yipee!"

• @Master of Aeons said: WHY CAN'T THEY JUST RECAPTURE CARL AS HE IS IN THE BOOK? He doesn't need multiple episodes shuffling his feet and being a kid. Carl was never like the TV show makes him out to be. Carl was responsible and smart, then made tough decisions like his dad, then was cold and effective. At no point did he ever jump off Daryl's motorcycle with a loaded gun in his hand and shout "Yipee!"

So, basically, Clem-Clem is more like (or has more of a potential to be like) Book Carl than TV Carl is?

• @Death689God said: So, basically, Clem-Clem is more like (or has more of a potential to be like) Book Carl than TV Carl is?

God I hope not. Let's have Clem be a little different, shall we?

• @Death689God said: So, basically, Clem-Clem is more like (or has more of a potential to be like) Book Carl than TV Carl is?

I rather doubt it. Maybe as a last moment thing, but I don't see two versions of episode 5 with innocent Clem and tough Clem.

I could see however raising Clem to believe some people are just bad and need to be dealt with, and the season ending with her shooting you in the back of the skull. I guess the inverse is you telling her that stealing and killing are never okay, then you turn into a zombie in the ending and she does nothing to protect herself.

• @Master of Aeons said: I rather doubt it. Maybe as a last moment thing, but I don't see two versions of episode 5 with innocent Clem and tough Clem.

I could see however raising Clem to believe some people are just bad and need to be dealt with, and the season ending with her shooting you in the back of the skull. I guess the inverse is you telling her that stealing and killing are never okay, then you turn into a zombie in the ending and she does nothing to protect herself.

Your explanation reminds me of the barn shoot out in the midseason episode.

Add Comment