User Avatar Image

Is Larry racist or was that a lie Lee told?

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

at the beginning of episode 2 when you talk to mark about larry you can say:

He thinks I'm dangerous
He's just looking out for his daughter
He's a racist

Do you think the last one is a lie?

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Death689God said: So I take it the lie to Clem about him being a zombie could be true. I mean, who knows, maybe he was patient Zero? Doesn't make sense in context, but hey. Who cares, right? Could be true.

I'm not saying there are not lying options.

Just saying maybe he did kill the senator on accident. We don't know.

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: I'm not saying there are not lying options.

Just saying maybe he did kill the senator on accident. We don't know.

We also don't know he wasn't a Zombie. (Read the post above yours)

• @Death689God said: There's no good evidence, you can say Lee didn't seem to notice a similarity between the Cop and the Senator. But then again he hesitated to grab the keys that were in front of the cop's mouth, like he would get bit PLUS he knew to shoot for the head.
    Also, Lee couldn't have been passed out for three whole days, yet that's how long Clem's been on her own. He also would have had to have killed the man recently, since he wasn't in prison attire. (Meaning he wasn't being transferred to a diff prison.)
    There's no clear evidence one way or the other, but Lee can say it to Clem so it MUST be true!

Not only that, but maybe Lee's only taking care of Clem because he Likes little girls, if you know what I mean. What if, in Episode 3, someone accuses Lee of being a Pedo? We have no real evidence one way or the other, so he must be one right? I mean, never mind that he doesn't act like a Pedo, but since someone thinks he is it must be true right?

Do you see how silly your Racist argument is yet, or should I keep going?

well you are right there is a possibility of the senator being a zombie, and perhaps the will be a pedo twist in the game i guess we will find out.
    any more?

• @thestalkinghead said: well you are right there is a possibility of the senator being a zombie, and perhaps the will be a pedo twist in the game i guess we will find out.
    any more?

If you're really buying into half the crap I just said, you're too far gone to even continue speaking with.

• @Death689God said: If you're really buying into half the crap I just said, you're too far gone to even continue speaking with.

i dont think they are likely but that doesnt mean it wont be part of the later games.

i cant believe you think its impossible for a mean old man to be racist

• The senator was NOT a zombie. A conviction for murder takes several months, if not years. Do you really think the infection had been running for such a looooooooong time without anyone noticing?

• @dubesor said: The senator was NOT a zombie. A conviction for murder takes several months, if not years. Do you really think the infection had been running for such a looooooooong time without anyone noticing?

Nothing says it hasn't, and Lee said it was so it must be True. (I suggest you read back and see where this started before jumping all over this though)

• @thestalkinghead said: i dont think they are likely but that doesnt mean it wont be part of the later games.

i cant believe you think its impossible for a mean old man to be racist

Implausible, not impossible. I mean, it's Possible I'm not really here. I could be in the Matrix, or in a Coma, or so insane I've created my own reality to retreat into... But you know what, the whole Nihilistic thing might be Possible, but it's not Plausible.

Similarly, I see no reason to say Larry's racist apart from him being White and a Potentially Untruthful, or Overly Opinionated dialogue option... There's no real reason to think he's racist, and NONE of his behavior towards Lee doesn't have a MUCH more Logical and Established reason.

• @thestalkinghead said: racism doesn't necessarily mean you want their entire race dead, it can just mean you dont like someone because of their race, and larry didn't say he cared about Clementine he just warned him if something happened to her (he might assume he cant look after children because of his race??) and also dont forget he knocked you out and tried to kill you after you took kenny's side but he let kenny leave (maybe cause he is white) and as i said he just killed a zombie in his camp, he didnt actually have to want to save you he just took advantage of the situation to make him and his daughter safe.

and that is why its open to interpretation

Ok so "open to interpretation" means "flat out ignoring all of the facts to prove a nonexistant point" got it. Clementime isn't white either, so why would he care about her? BECAUSE HE ISN'T RACIST!

@thestalkinghead said: no, my logic is a character in a story says a man is a racist there is no other evidence either way so i take it as fact and larry never says he isnt.

your logic, i dont think he is so he isnt

Your logic: I will believe in a game where lieing has been an option in the past, that this one time where I say something that has no evidence for the statement, but a lot of evidence against what is said, that this person is clearly telling the truth.

My logic: Larry cares for Clem who isn't white, hates Kenny, Mark, and Carly who are all white, and knows that Lee is a convicted murderer, who is now near is daughter a lot. Lots of evidence against his racism, no evidence for it.

@thestalkinghead said: all the other time you can lie you have seen the evidence so you know you are lying, i didnt find hidden security tapes of the past few weeks did you?
    how do you know that larry wasn't treating Lee much worse than anybody else?

Because he treated Lee the same as everyone else(as in hated them) in episode 1 and episode 2. Do you really think someone's personality changed inbetween episodes, and then magically changed right back for the next one? No, that is a rather silly argument.

@thestalkinghead said: i dont that why its open for interpretation, however with no evidence either way, but Lee says he is and also larry is a mean person and mark doesnt disagree so i go for a 51% chance he is racist

There is a lot of evidence against it actually, you've ignored all of it. Mark agrees Larry is mean, Mark is white. Even more evidence he isn't racist.

@thestalkinghead said: there is good evidence to say the senator wasn't a zombie(timing and such), maybe mark asked because he noticed how unfairly Lee was being treated by Larry

Lee was treated unfairly becasue Larry knows he is a convicted murderer! Get that through your mind please. Clearly you are keeping this thread up for trolling/attention purposes because you were disproved a long time ago and still continue to argue with zero evidence.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

We're done here. This leads to nothing.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.