User Avatar Image

What are you currently reading?

posted by Zeruis on - last edited - Viewed by 597 users

Yeah, I know. There are actually people who read these days.:roll eyes:

I am re-reading The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay, as well as A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. What are you currently reading at the moment?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • At work I have been reading a book called, "The Innocent", by Harlan Coben.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43926.The_Innocent

Its probably the most interesting book out of the work library (which is just donated books, and most people read crap.. :/).

Its not bad. I'm about 100 pages in, and its kept my interest. Not my usual genre though.
    (I like funny and weird books, like Robert Rankin and Ben Elton)

I really wish there was some good books to read there. It would be nice to have a proper literary discussion with someone.
    (I used to do English Literature at A level. I just loved reading and discussing books in depth. Frankenstein and Beloved were pretty damn good once you explored the context and the symbology)

I've been tempted to buy a book reader, and load it up with recommended books to read. But being the gamer that I am, I'll probably just give up after one or two books! XD

(I've always wanted to write stories though. I remember loving that as a kid. And I did write a little segment in a thread before to relieve stress and boredom. I didn't think it was such a bad effort considering I haven't written anything beforehand for years! XD)

Eh, I guess I'm not a book man. I'm open minded, but I couldn't fill all my time up with Anime, Books, AND Videogames. I have to switch between them from time to time.

• @RetroVortex said: At work I have been reading a book called, "The Innocent", by Harlan Coben.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43926.The_Innocent

Its probably the most interesting book out of the work library (which is just donated books, and most people read crap.. :/).

Its not bad. I'm about 100 pages in, and its kept my interest. Not my usual genre though.
    (I like funny and weird books, like Robert Rankin and Ben Elton)

I really wish there was some good books to read there. It would be nice to have a proper literary discussion with someone.
    (I used to do English Literature at A level. I just loved reading and discussing books in depth. Frankenstein and Beloved were pretty damn good once you explored the context and the symbology)

I've been tempted to buy a book reader, and load it up with recommended books to read. But being the gamer that I am, I'll probably just give up after one or two books! XD

(I've always wanted to write stories though. I remember loving that as a kid. And I did write a little segment in a thread before to relieve stress and boredom. I didn't think it was such a bad effort considering I haven't written anything beforehand for years! XD)

Eh, I guess I'm not a book man. I'm open minded, but I couldn't fill all my time up with Anime, Books, AND Videogames. I have to switch between them from time to time.

I've heard of Coben's works in the thriller genre. Being a fan of thrillers, I'll check out "The Innocent".

• If you like thriller/investigation stories, then I suggest you check out Past Mortem by Ben Elton.

I really liked that book! :D

• Re-reading the Millenium Trilogy for some reason. Huzzah!!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I just bought Mr. Monk on Patrol. I really enjoy the novels based on the television show Monk by Lee Goldberg, especially the novels set after the show ended and he got free reign with the characters. :) It's a shame that he has decided to end them after the 15th novel. Mr. Monk on Patrol is the 13th, so I only have two more to read before the end. :(

• I haven't actually read anything in ages. :(

I can feel myself getting more dumber.

• Currently over half way through The Stand (complete & uncut edition), one of my all time favourite books and one that I read once every few years or so. For future reference alter my signature every time I start a new book, not sure why, I just do. Already got my next book (actually next 7 books) lined up after The Stand - I'm staying with King and going to reread The Dark Tower series. After that I guess I'll be buying and reading The Wind Through the Keyhole. All of these should keep me busy for the next couple of months at least.

• I am currently reading this thread. Really did it take this long to tell the joke.

• @Sausy Gibbon said: I am currently reading this thread. Really did it take this long to tell the joke.

You don't say? It would be kind of me to explain that this thread is not a joke.:p

• Company courses. Still. A few hours everyday these past couple week. I really don't feel like reading anything else after doing this.

Add Comment