User Avatar Image

So, how are you raising Clementine? [Spoilers]

posted by BlackmesaExp on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

I didn't see a thread that asked this question, so I now ask it myself...

Personally, I'm going for a über-good Clem, who has an excellent moral compass, and who sees my Lee as someone that never steals or jabs people with pitchforks - admittedly, that means she's not very pragmatic, but at least I'm not a monster in her eyes.

I changed my mind after doing some thinking (that thinking being influenced by some of the posts here) and rerolled my game completely - ultimately, the only changes that affected Clem was my choice to steal from the car. It hurt to do it but I decided that she needs to learn that survival comes before anything else. However I also tried to instill in her other good values - I spared the brothers, tried to save Larry, etc...

So, basically, what choices did you make concerning Clem/when she was present? Also, what word did you teach her in the barn? I taught her manure, like a responsible father-figure (with a badass voice) :D

160 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BlackmesaExp said: To clarify, the Bubble method of raising Clem means never being direct, and painting a lovey-dovey picture of the world. It's sort of a middle ground between a Moral Clementine and a Bag-of-Hammers/Duck-like view of the world...

As it is, I'm loving the variety here (and sounding a bit like sisterofshane from that choices thread) , and I'm noticing that most people want their Clem to be moral. I also can understand wanting Clem to be a survivor - it's practical and looks to the future when/if Lee is gone. I don't entirely understand people still keeping a bubble around her after the St. Johns, but each to their own. What about the person that thought Clem was Walker bait? Why did you choose that option? Are you worried she'll slow you down or get in the way at a crucial moment?

Probably just a troll from the "Clementine is stupid?" thread. (Was that the name of it?)

• @Death689God said: Probably just a troll from the "Clementine is stupid?" thread. (Was that the name of it?)

It's ironic, cause I was just just reading that thread ("Clementine Not So Smart?") :P
    It's actually listed as being similar to this one D:

• Am I the only one that's been raising her with the Long Term in mind?.. Based on the Comics, which the Games' REALLY trying to keep true to, I don't see this having a happy ending... The way I see it, so far only 8 Peoples Clem-Clem's are gonna survive this, with 27 getting the Chomp.

• @Death689God said: Am I the only one that's been raising her with the Long Term in mind?

Nope, you're one of 8 :P
    Me, I'm using Clementine as a substitute for a real daughter - when I'm a bit older decide to have kids, hopefully I'll do a good job. That and the fact I want to preserve a bit of innocence in Clementine, while also being honest about the whole Apocalypse thing. As I said in my first post, it's not practical - I'm more emotionally driven (like Kenny, as I'm ashamed to admit. He made a tough, pragmatic choice, however, even if I couldn't bring myself to do it) .

Regardless, thanks for your opinion, Death689 :)

• @BlackmesaExp said: Nope, you're one of 8 :P
    Me, I'm using Clementine as a substitute for a real daughter - when I'm a bit older decide to have kids, hopefully I'll do a good job. That and the fact I want to preserve a bit of innocence in Clementine, while also being honest about the whole Apocalypse thing. As I said in my first post, it's not practical - I'm more emotionally driven (like Kenny, as I'm ashamed to admit. He made a tough, pragmatic choice, however, even if I couldn't bring myself to do it) .

Regardless, thanks for your opinion, Death689 :)

I'm treating her like my own daughter too, but still. I guess I'm one of those: "Better alive than Zombie Chow" parents. XD ;)

• Protecting Clem so much if lee becomes a walker he'll eat the people trying to harm her instead of her

• @CapnJay said: Protecting Clem so much if lee becomes a walker he'll eat the people trying to harm her instead of her

I don't think he'd be smart enough - it would take a while to evolve to that stage (there's that leader zombie in Land of the Dead, and the zombies in TWD are basically Romero zombies too - albeit in a world where the Godfather of All Zombies was never born) .

• which is why lee will become the first

• @CapnJay said: which is why lee will become the first

But Lee's... urban...

• so was the land of the dead zombie leader

Add Comment