User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 10.9K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

482 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Tornreaper said: What are you talking about? Just because it wasn't announced at this E3 means it's never coming out? That makes no sense. It's not false advertising. It's just not ready yet. Plus it takes more than a year to make a good game is most cases.

It'll come out. Just wait.

He said false advertising of the last episode, besides this is annoying giving us a huge cliffhanger then making us wait over a year and still dont announce a sequel.

• @yoman45135 said: He said false advertising of the last episode, besides this is annoying giving us a huge cliffhanger then making us wait over a year and still dont announce a sequel.

the premise for the final episode was falsely advertised (chase through hill valley's past, present, and FUTURE) and it's been over a year now with no continuation.

• As much as I want season 2, I think TellTale's more focused on Walking Dead. :(

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Michael J Fox is Canadian said: it's been over a year now with no continuation.

The original Back to the Future film had a "to be continued" at the end of the film since the VHS release in 1986, and the sequel didn't come until 3 years later in 1989. The one year and one month since OUTATIME was released is quite small in comparison.

• @Jennifer said: The original Back to the Future film had a "to be continued" at the end of the film since the VHS release in 1986, and the sequel didn't come until 3 years later in 1989. The one year and one month since OUTATIME was released is quite small in comparison.

But the point is the 'to be continued' was not added until the continuation was actually confirmed. And it was less than a year before the first was released for the second to be confirmed.

• Something I noticed when I was installing the game on my newer computer a few moments ago is after it says which episode it is installing it says season 1, maybe this is a hint they had a season 2 in mind?

• @yoman45135 said: Something I noticed when I was installing the game on my newer computer a few moments ago is after it says which episode it is installing it says season 1, maybe this is a hint they had a season 2 in mind?

Don't they label all their first series as 'season 1'

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: Don't they label all their first series as 'season 1'

I wouldn't know I only own one Telltale game and that's Back to the future: The game.

• suppose ttg have plans for second season of twd to keep up with the comics/tv show fan base.

then probably some other games so a bttf sequel will be a few years away but i hope they don't wait to long as christopher lloyd ain't getting any younger...

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I think Telltale learned after the backlash from their huge announcement when they announced they were making games years in advance to keep quiet until a project is near completion.

The most likely reason The Walking Dead Season Two broke this rule (since the two announcements came on the same day) was because Telltale wanted to absorb the blow of the Activision announcement of their own new Walking Dead game by announcing that they were developing a new game too.

We've still got Fables and King's Quest (and possibly TWD Season Two) to go before Telltale's likely to announce any new game.

Add Comment