128 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Extremely predictable. I knew at the opening when they point out the trap had been altered that we were dealing with someone trying to catch people. I kind of figured it was cannibals and when the brothers walked up I was like yup thats them. Kind of figured the story was they were tracking the blood from the trap....

• @TheWildcard said: Extremely predictable. I knew at the opening when they point out the trap had been altered that we were dealing with someone trying to catch people. I kind of figured it was cannibals and when the brothers walked up I was like yup thats them. Kind of figured the story was they were tracking the blood from the trap....

Oh, I didn't get that those were their traps. Even though I saw them in the butcher room, I still thought those were the bandits'.

• I knew that something was wrong when Danny got all wierd about shooting Jolene. I thought perhaps they were psychos who kill people for fun (they wouldn't let me see Mark), but I didn't think they would eat Mark and leave him still alive for second helpings.

The only time I suspected they were cannibals was when I went up the stairs and Mark wasn't in there. That was quite an intense moment for me. :D

• The entire time I was actually thinking of a scene straight out of the walking dead comics.
    So I predicted it as well.

• The family and their farm were too good to be true BUT expecting something and seeing it first hand...

Lee: "What happened to your legs man!"

Mark: "Don't... eat... dinner..."

Me: "Oh sh*t!"

• @ZombieGoBoom - Holy shit... yes... that creeped me out so damn bad. I was screaming at my screen to make Lee run faster. And of COURSE he had to trip at the bottom of the stairs. Hahahaa.

• i am glad i did not guess it from the start, it would just suck, so i guess it's your loss if you can read these things on the fly.

at first i actually believed these folks had good intentions, and the game sets them up as creepy to throw the player off, so i handwaved that. it was only after the fence incident that i really started to question their motives. at the time i thought they needed the group as some sort of a bargaining chip in dealing with bandits. but even then i felt relative security, as the family was definitely outnumbered, and acting nonthreatening.

later, during the confrontation with the crazy lady it became obvious something was up, but i still couldn't figure out how the group fits into all of this, plus danny was so openly giddy after killing the crazy woman right in front of lee, it kinda confused me.

the cannibal realization came at the slaughterhouse, and luckily by this point i was expecting to see something that will put all the pieces together. but to be honest, i completely forgot about mark at that moment. i thought that the family was chopping down farmhands, and that's what's going to be for dinner.

only when getting upstairs and seeing mark with no legs i had the full picture.

also of note - someone asked why they needed all the VI tubes - danny told lee right before he died (or not) that in order to keep the meat fresh, the victim should stay alive. poor mark.

• being genre savvy can be hell on the player however it can also make you unnecessarily paranoid. If Danny and Andy didn't turn out to be psychopaths i still might have murdered them out of Paranoia

• @CapnJay said: being genre savvy can be hell on the player however it can also make you unnecessarily paranoid. If Danny and Andy didn't turn out to be psychopaths i still might have murdered them out of Paranoia

That would have been awesome.

"Ya'll boys ready for cak - WOH MY GOODNESS! Lee! What have you done?"
    "This isn't what it looks like!"

• @Death689God said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an0v7CIHI_A&feature=relmfu
    13:50

Even this girl, who isn't all that bright, had it figured by first interaction.
    It's all about being genre savvy. I aspire to be a writer myself some day, I saw this coming a mile a away. They were too nice and together, it's the apocalypse... Take a look at all the Nice Together Simple Folk in this Genre:
    The old couple from the Book of Eli, The people from Andale from Fallout 3, etc.

It was pretty obvious... Who invites desperate, hungry people who pulled guns on you to your Dairy Farm during the Apocalypse? It's like it hasn't registered to these people that the world's ended... That's the biggest red flag there is.

I hope the story line was not what the delay was all about.

Add Comment