User Avatar Image

So, how are you raising Clementine? [Spoilers]

posted by BlackmesaExp on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

I didn't see a thread that asked this question, so I now ask it myself...

Personally, I'm going for a über-good Clem, who has an excellent moral compass, and who sees my Lee as someone that never steals or jabs people with pitchforks - admittedly, that means she's not very pragmatic, but at least I'm not a monster in her eyes.

I changed my mind after doing some thinking (that thinking being influenced by some of the posts here) and rerolled my game completely - ultimately, the only changes that affected Clem was my choice to steal from the car. It hurt to do it but I decided that she needs to learn that survival comes before anything else. However I also tried to instill in her other good values - I spared the brothers, tried to save Larry, etc...

So, basically, what choices did you make concerning Clem/when she was present? Also, what word did you teach her in the barn? I taught her manure, like a responsible father-figure (with a badass voice) :D

160 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CapnJay said: nah lee wouldn't do slap her although duck might.

Also clem being an alcoholic or addict would be challenging considering most of the dealers are walkers and alcohol makes your skills sloppy.

Alright then, Duck+slap=child abuse through technicality...

As to the other part of your statement, that would be funny...

Clem: Urr, cood Ah get a [insert slurred name of chosen brand here] ?
    Dealka (walker/dealer): urrgh toooo fiiiingaaaa...
    *Clementine casually hands over hand and the dealka devours two fingers*
    Clem: Le'ss make thisss wun worf a deaf...

Who says this is off topic?

• I dont think keeping a bubble around her is possible in the long term. She's already seen some pretty messed up stuff anyway.

I'm trying to protect and nurture her, but also letting her know that sometimes hard choices have to be made, like taking the food from the car. But also that we dont need to be savages to survive and should only kill when we absolutely have to. Neither brother was in a position to be a threat anymore (one was physically trapped in the barn and one was emotionally destroyed), plus there were an army of walkers closing in, so I thought it was better to leave them to their fate and get Clem the heck out of there without witnessing more bloodshed.

• ya know if you side with Lily Clementine watches Kenny murder Larry rather then hiding in the corner I REALLY hope that comes back in a later episode like Kenny goes to talk to Clem and she backs away from him

• @Sir Craigius said: I dont think keeping a bubble around her is possible in the long term. She's already seen some pretty messed up stuff anyway.

I'm trying to protect and nurture her, but also letting her know that sometimes hard choices have to be made, like taking the food from the car. But also that we dont need to be savages to survive and should only kill when we absolutely have to. Neither brother was in a position to be a threat anymore (one was physically trapped in the barn and one was emotionally destroyed), plus there were an army of walkers closing in, so I thought it was better to leave them to their fate and get Clem the heck out of there without witnessing more bloodshed.

That's not dissimilar to my current take on everything :)

• @CapnJay said: ya know if you side with Lily Clementine watches Kenny murder Larry rather then hiding in the corner I REALLY hope that comes back in a later episode like Kenny goes to talk to Clem and she backs away from him

Yeah, that would be cool, and good for making our protective instincts come to the fore/raise our hackles, especially if he mouths off at her as a shocked response. If he legitimately threatened her - well, let's just say the others wouldn't be shocked if the found out about that murder, or if my Lee confessed to torturing people. I'd probably join your society, too...

• if Kenny threatens Clem then i guess it'll be time for modders to replace andys character model with Kennys in the punching mini game

• @CapnJay said: if Kenny threatens Clem then i guess it'll be time for modders to replace andys character model with Kennys in the punching mini game

In this, we are in agreement. Perhaps if we give TellTale an incentive they could include this mod standard, with voiceovers?
    Btw, did you punch Andy? I did the first time, but on my Doug one, I didn't cos I could see his face unmarked when I abandoned him...

• @CapnJay said: if Kenny threatens Clem then i guess it'll be time for modders to replace andys character model with Kennys in the punching mini game

If this happens, bloating his face seems to be underwhelming.

• it took me ten times and a lucky guess to hit B and X to do the punches repeatedly

• @CapnJay said: it took me ten times and a lucky guess to hit B and X to do the punches repeatedly

Waiting for him to flip you over and throw punches is easier - click (press your equivalent button) the hotspot and it's over, with no bruises.

Add Comment