User Avatar Image

The Fate of the St John Brothers

posted by Sir Craigius on - last edited - Viewed by 4.2K users

The official stats show that most people didnt kill both brothers, but doesnt indicate who killed one brother or who killed neither. Personally I spared both. I might have killed Danny, but I read a spoiler in advance and knew Clem would be watching, so no way I wanted her to see that. Not killing Andy was both an act of mercy (he was so pathetic kneeling broken on the ground like that) and as a way of seeing a much more epic conclusion to that scene.

So what about the rest of you? Kill both? Killed one, if so which one? Or spared both like me?

145 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It wasnt actually neccessery to kill either of them. Danny was pinned down by the animal trap and defenceless. Killing him at that point wouldnt be about surviving, it would be about cold blooded revenge. I like that Lee came right out and said he wouldnt let Danny force him into killing him. He wasnt going to stoop down to the St Johns level.

Andy was a serious threat up to the point Lee punched the crap out of him. After finding out his family was either dead or dying, he completely broke down. He wasnt much of a threat after that. Again as Lee said, "ITS OVER!" The horror has passed. The tension has been broken. The best thing to do at that point is to turn and walk away. I doubt either brother lived through the night, so kill them or not, the threat was gone. At least by NOT killing them, we retain our humanity.

• @CapnJay said: If Andy and Danny are alive they both are hiding out in the barn

Danny chanse of survival is low. He was sliced wideopen by Lilly with a sickle, stuck in a bear trap and laying in the barn. Unless the door is closed his chanses are slim when the zombies approach. And if it is closed he will likely die from dehydration a few days after.
    Andy on the other side. Hes leggs are working just fine. Face is messed up but that is also it. If left alive, he is the biggest threat we have encountered so far.
    Would he stand on his knees waiting for walkers to approach and kill him? Maybe. But maybe not? No one saw it happen. So its up to telltale if they want this incident to backfire on the player.
    Maybe Andy lodge a bullett in Clementines spine next episode, but she survives like Carl did in the tv series.

• @CapnJay said: This is about whats best for clems safety vs whats best for clems mind.

As rick grimes apparently said once "Whats the point in surviving if my son is dead inside" or something to that effect.

Oh no, I get it. She's going to be one hell of an emotionally sheltered walker some day. "Good job, Lee. Now I can be innocent forever. Braaaaaaains..." :D

[/breaking balls]

Trouble is, even if the world doesn't get to her first, Clem's a smart kid. Maybe too smart for her own good. Sheltered or not, she'll figure things out on her own. That's my bet, anyway.

As for the brothers, I think it's a good rule of thumb that if someone tries to murder you and fails, you shouldn't allow them any chance to try again some day. It's just practical.

Also that "Clem would see me kill Danny" / "walkers got Andy anyway" argument is bullshit. Unless you skip ahead of the narrative, those elements don't come into play until AFTER a decision is made. That's what makes the dilemma so awesome!

• i didnt kill them my first try, i figured they will get eaten (poetic justice) and also it would have been murder because they were no longer a threat, we may see them again as zombies so we can kill them then, but they might come back alive and try and kill us all, as we don't see them get eaten

• Ironically Andy and Danny weren't killed by the Walkers but by the Bandits who killed them right after learning about the survivors

• @CapnJay said: Ironically Andy and Danny weren't killed by the Walkers but by the Bandits who killed them right after learning about the survivors

speculation hmm ?

i only see walkers arrive in the farm.

and clem is not ok with lee killing she hides away behind people cries and looks at lee with fear.. you monster..

i've done save em both and kill em both

• Spared 'em! Danny was injured and trapped, Andy was in no fit state after the shock, Brenda became lunch ironically. Clem doesn't need to see more death, besides I don't want to seem a murderer... Despite my alleged crime perhaps the group will see i'm no killer once the past comes out...

Besides I thought been eaten alive by walkers was a more fitting punishment

• I killed Danny the first time because I didn't realize there was the other option on the far right of the screen to save him. Would spare both tho because they would die anyway.

• @adam86shadow said: Spared 'em! Danny was injured and trapped, Andy was in no fit state after the shock, Brenda became lunch ironically. Clem doesn't need to see more death, besides I don't want to seem a murderer... Despite my alleged crime perhaps the group will see i'm no killer once the past comes out...

Besides I thought been eaten alive by walkers was a more fitting punishment

+ 1

• greenj2 is the only person who make sense in this thread.

Add Comment