User Avatar Image

[Spoiler]Clementine's mother

posted by Nightmare13245 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.3K users

I can not believe no one has posted about this yet. I seriously believe that Jolene was Clementine's mother. Firstly, she had Clementine's hat inside her tent, secondly at the end of episode two she was focusing on filming Clementine. Now, it could be coincidences, but at the camp when lee and the cannibal confronted her, if you choice the "Where did you get this hat?" dialog option, this is what she says.

Lee: "Where did you get this hat?"
Jolene: "The little girl."
Lee: "You STOLE it from her."
Jolene: "So what if I did? You stole her from ME!!!"

You can also check it on video, skip to 7:00.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7NzqPPhCvA

So, the cannibal (can't remember his name :P) actually (if its true) shot Clementine's mother. You still think the bastard deserved to live at the end of episode 2, and do you think my theory is correct? :)

EDIT: Actually slash what I said, her real mother is named Diana, http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Diana, but this gave me another theory, do you think it was Clementine's mothers sister? Maybe her cousin? That would explain the You stole her from me part. It could also be her babysitter, who says the zombie in episode 1 'was' the baby sitter? She could also have a secret big sister that ran away/moved, and thus was not in the family picture? I know Jolene is related to Clementine in some way. What do you think? :)

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ummm.. There was a picture of Clem's mom at Clem's house. She looked nothing like Jolene so I'm gonna say... NOPE!

• That was my first though to. But apparently Jolenes daughter was kidnapped, raped and murdered. And after that she flipped and wanted to "adopt" Clementine.

• @jaybreezy said: Ummm.. There was a picture of Clem's mom at Clem's house. She looked nothing like Jolene so I'm gonna say... NOPE!

Yeah, just found that out before you posted, edited my thread. :P

• @Lars80 said: That was my first though to. But apparently Jolenes daughter was kidnapped, raped and murdered. And after that she flipped and wanted to "adopt" Clementine.

Well, she could be her mothers sister, that had a kid too, but she lost it, she then went crazy, and wanted to adopt Clementine because of the family relation. Cause, they is also Duck, why not take him? Why exactly Clementine. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Nah. Clementine's parents were in Savannah when the whole thing happened, remember? Also, compare:

skgDg.png

Most likely, Jolene went mad when her own child died, and it probably was taken away by either the bandits or the cannibals. In her confused mind, she started to stalk and adore a child she saw at the motel, wishing for her to be her lost daughter so much that she eventually believed it. She stole Clem's hat as a memento, to be near her.

Clementine has never seen Jolene in her life. Well, maybe at Save Lots. ;)

• @Nightmare13245 said: I can not believe no one has posted about this yet. I seriously believe that Jolene was Clementine's mother. Firstly, she had Clementine's hat inside her tent, secondly at the end of episode two she was focusing on filming Clementine. Now, it could be coincidences, but at the camp when lee and the cannibal confronted her, if you choice the "Where did you get this hat?" dialog option, this is what she says.

Lee: "Where did you get this hat?"
    Jolene: "The little girl."
    Lee: "You STOLE it from her."
    Jolene: "So what if I did? You stole her from ME!!!"

You can also check it on video, skip to 7:00.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7NzqPPhCvA

So, the cannibal (can't remember his name :P) actually (if its true) shot Clementine's mother. You still think the bastard deserved to live at the end of episode 2, and do you think my theory is correct? :)

EDIT: Actually slash what I said, her real mother is named Diana, http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Diana, but this game me another theory, do you think it was Clementine's mothers sister? Maybe her cousin? That would explain the You stole her from me part. It could also be her babysitter, who says the zombie in episode 1 'was' the baby sitter? She could also have a secret big sister that ran away/moved, and thus was not in the family picture? I know Jolene is related to Clementine in some way. What do you think? :)

No, it's made perfectly clear that she's gone crazy due to the Bandits abducting and raping her Real daughter... She's just delusional.

• @Vainamoinen said: Most likely, Jolene went mad when her own child died

This is the second time that someone has said that Jolene's daughter was dead. Was this confirmed and I missed it?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I say "likely". If she was taken by the cannibals, she was eaten; if there was some incident with the bandits, her death is even more likely. Anything BUT her gruesome death would have left Jolene with the slight bit of hope that might have saved her mental state.

Did they really hint at her DAUGHTER being raped? I thought that happened to Jolene herself...

• @Vainamoinen said: I say "likely". If she was taken by the cannibals, she was eaten; if there was some incident with the bandits, her death is even more likely. Anything BUT her gruesome death would have left Jolene with the slight bit of hope that might have saved her mental state.

Did they really hint at her DAUGHTER being raped? I thought that happened to Jolene herself...

If you let it play out W/O shooting her, and add what she says to her remarks in the camcorder, it's highly likely... Why would they take her out into the woods, just to kill her? Especially considering Jolene was apart of their group until that moment...

• @Vainamoinen said: I say "likely". If she was taken by the cannibals, she was eaten; if there was some incident with the bandits, her death is even more likely. Anything BUT her gruesome death would have left Jolene with the slight bit of hope that might have saved her mental state.

When Jolene finds Lee and Danny at the camp, she says that "anybody can take a can of beans, supplies, or even a girl, everything's the same." Also, she says that "all men are monsters." I can't seem to find direct quotes from the game that implied that her daughter was raped. I just took it on thought.

Add Comment