User Avatar Image

Death of a child in a game?

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 731 users

do you think that it is possible for any of the children in the game to die?

the death or killing of a child is usually to controversial to get in a game, so this could mean that we should play the game knowing that a child wont die.

i have tried very hard (dont think its possible) to agree with larry and kill duck, but i could never do it, so does this mean children cant die?

120 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @NessaT said: That's deep, you guys, and very true. Walkers are reduced to animals in a way - they go around in packs and try to hunt for food.

But they don't attack each other. The living does.

I found it odd they don't eat each other... Even Rabbits will eat each other.

• humm, i guess something without concious thought cant be evil, so killing them for fun would be evil, but killing them for survival is neutral, it doesn't make you a monster, but capturing and performing scientific experiments on them is probably evil

• @Death689God said: I found it odd they don't eat each other... Even Rabbits will eat each other.

I guess they like fresh meat. Rotting meat doesn't do anything for them.

Still, I wonder how they manage to smell out living people when the stench of their rotting bodies would have drowned everything out. Maybe they are sensitive to other things? Sounds? Lights? Or am I overthinking things?

@Death689God said: humm, i guess something without concious thought cant be evil, so killing them for fun would be evil, but killing them for survival is neutral, it doesn't make you a monster, but capturing and performing scientific experiments on them is probably evil

Yep yep yep... exactly right. The conscious decisions made by the living determines what is really "evil" or not.

• @CapnJay said: maybe walkers aren't the monsters... maybe WE are the monsters

Hmmm.... nah.

• Clem already had a death scene, but it doesn't stick because if you don't save her Lee dies as well.

• @NessaT said: I guess they like fresh meat. Rotting meat doesn't do anything for them.

Still, I wonder how they manage to smell out living people when the stench of their rotting bodies would have drowned everything out. Maybe they are sensitive to other things? Sounds? Lights? Or am I overthinking things?

It has been mentioned that they see people's life force...
    Maybe they're just really good in that field - walkers, masters of sight, smell and hearing! Clarifying, telling fortunes, parting the veil of the universe's mysteries!

• @thestalkinghead said: humm, i guess something without concious thought cant be evil, so killing them for fun would be evil, but killing them for survival is neutral, it doesn't make you a monster, but capturing and performing scientific experiments on them is probably evil

As far as i can tell the walkers don't need to eat. It is more of a craving.

• @trd84 said: Clem already had a death scene, but it doesn't stick because if you don't save her Lee dies as well.

can you say the part you are talking about? do you see clem die?

• @trd84 said: As far as i can tell the walkers don't need to eat. It is more of a craving.

yeah the way i see it is that they cant digest food anyway (rotting organs, no blood flow) so its just a craving, i think a zombie would probably eat until its stomach exploded if it could.

• @thestalkinghead said: can you say the part you are talking about? do you see clem die?

When she ate the human flesh?

Yeah I noticed the screen turning red, the same way it does behind the tractor when the bandits shot arrows and at the motor inn when looking at walkers.

Figure if you dilly dally she eats the meat and "dies" or in other words it has such a hard psychological impact on her that it would alter the game in such a way that its no longer the innocent girl you met at first. A lack of protection on Lee's part.

Hard to be a innocent little girl and a cannibal at the same time.

Add Comment