User Avatar Image

Death of a child in a game?

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 739 users

do you think that it is possible for any of the children in the game to die?

the death or killing of a child is usually to controversial to get in a game, so this could mean that we should play the game knowing that a child wont die.

i have tried very hard (dont think its possible) to agree with larry and kill duck, but i could never do it, so does this mean children cant die?

120 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: can you say the part you are talking about? do you see clem die?

the last part at the drug store, camera pulls away just as she's getting bit.

• @trd84 said: As far as i can tell the walkers don't need to eat. It is more of a craving.

So the walkers get me a redbull and then eat me so we feed into each others addictions?

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: When she ate the human flesh?

Yeah I noticed the screen turning red, the same way it does behind the tractor when the bandits shot arrows and at the motor inn when looking at walkers.

Figure if you dilly dally she eats the meat and "dies" or in other words it has such a hard psychological impact on her that it would alter the game in such a way that its no longer the innocent girl you met at first. A lack of protection on Lee's part.

Hard to be a innocent little girl and a cannibal at the same time.

If you let Clem eat the meat, she asks Lee if she will turn into a zombie. Lee explains that's not how it works.

• @Zeruis said: If you let Clem eat the meat, she asks Lee if she will turn into a zombie. Lee explains that's not how it works.

Oh, well pfft.

I always hustled down the stairs cause I thought it was "game over" if she took a bite.

• @BlackmesaExp said: It has been mentioned that they see people's life force...
    Maybe they're just really good in that field - walkers, masters of sight, smell and hearing! Clarifying, telling fortunes, parting the veil of the universe's mysteries!

MIght be a second career for them - except they'd work for fresh meat, not for money. Hahaha...

@BlackmesaExp said: As far as i can tell the walkers don't need to eat. It is more of a craving.

You made me think of chocolates for some reason. Yummeh.

• @trd84 said: the last part at the drug store, camera pulls away just as she's getting bit.

i guess that is sort of a death of a child, but unless you see it happen she could have got away, so i wouldnt say it counted as a death (some would)

• In much of the death scenes of the comics we don't acctually see the kids dying... (spoilers) In Judith, we see a lot of blood, but it's presumed that all that blood it's Lori's. We don't see Duane, Penny or Ben dying. We actually see Ron being bitten. But not a lot of blood. And Billy....damn... we see is deadbody, but not a lot of details... My point: Children can die... Just not much violence, not too many deatails... and low on gore and blood. If a kid dies in the comics, we only see some pictures. If a kid dies on Tv or on the game, we see a video. It's more gross and violent. So if any of the kids die, it wouldn't be shown. Or the kid shows up dead or undead, or we just hear the kid yelling and zombies bitting him.

• @thestalkinghead said: i guess that is sort of a death of a child, but unless you see it happen she could have got away, so i wouldnt say it counted as a death (some would)

the look on lee's face, she didn't get away.

• No Children were harmed during the making of The Walking Dead.

because they were all actually midgets

Add Comment