User Avatar Image

Death of a child in a game?

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 742 users

do you think that it is possible for any of the children in the game to die?

the death or killing of a child is usually to controversial to get in a game, so this could mean that we should play the game knowing that a child wont die.

i have tried very hard (dont think its possible) to agree with larry and kill duck, but i could never do it, so does this mean children cant die?

120 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thestalkinghead said: but do you think they would have ever had her attack one of them and make them bash her brains in with a rock or something? that would be to much, even for the walking dead wouldn't it?

No, I don’t think they would ever have written that scene as her attacking any of the group and them having to brutally kill her. And she was put down in the humane way possible. If Clementine was infected, I suspect Lee would step up do the same w/ her.

But there’s got to be another reason that zombie children are not represented other than the thinking that a TV show/comic/game w/ zombified kiddos might be socially unacceptable?

• I'm sure we'll get a zombie kid eventually. I'm thinking episode 4 for Duck and 5 for whether or not Clem gets the same.

• Yes there will be kids who die. Pretty sure of that.
    But these will only be implied, like with Jolenes daughter.

You will never see a child die like Shawn, Doug... etc
    And you won't kill any zombified kids either like Travis or David.

• Likewise, I'm pretty sure we'll see an undead kid at some point, they just tend to be uncommon for some reason aside from squeamishness (personally, my rationalization is that when a group of zombies gets through with them, there's just not enough to come back/be mobile). We see zombie kids in the show, but we don't see them as part of the herd in Atlanta or during the Season 2 finale.

Games have had undead kids before (Dead Space), so it's not without precedent.

The first undead kid we should see is Duck - hell, it may even improve his IQ by a few points. It honestly seems implausible to me that it hasn't happened already, he strikes me as the sort of kid that if you turned around and stopped minding him for even a second, he'd up and drink Draino (seriously, he's the only one in the group who asks what he ate after you tell them it's fresh Mark legs).

I kinda have a feeling Kenny's whole "that was different, Duck wasn't bitten" spiel in the locker is going to bite him in the ass (maybe literally).

• @Rommel49 said: Likewise, I'm pretty sure we'll see an undead kid at some point, they just tend to be uncommon for some reason aside from squeamishness (personally, my rationalization is that when a group of zombies gets through with them, there's just not enough to come back/be mobile). We see zombie kids in the show, but we don't see them as part of the herd in Atlanta or during the Season 2 finale.

Games have had undead kids before (Dead Space), so it's not without precedent.

The first undead kid we should see is Duck - hell, it may even improve his IQ by a few points. It honestly seems implausible to me that it hasn't happened already, he strikes me as the sort of kid that if you turned around and stopped minding him for even a second, he'd up and drink Draino (seriously, he's the only one in the group who asks what he ate after you tell them it's fresh Mark legs)....

MMMMMM, Fresh Mark Legs Ohmnomnom!! Can I get some Face to go with that? Maybe a little bath salt for flavor?

I kinda have a feeling Kenny's whole "that was different, Duck wasn't bitten" spiel in the locker is going to bite him in the ass (maybe literally).

Noooo thanks, I drawn the line at Kenny's ass....uck!!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Have just added a theory to the "predictions" thread that has the death of a child in it.

Generally, they can do it. They're not even bound by taboo much. Exaggerated violence is way OK as long as there isn't a hint of nipple... :D

• i had a thought about why there are so few zombie children, and it may be because they are the easiest to overpower/kill, so the odds are that out of all the times people have killed zombies a lot of them would be the weaker zombies like children or ones with missing limbs

• @CapnJay said: If they do it they have to be veerrrrry careful how they do it.

I hope none of the main children die Duck and Clem. I rather have them alive at the end since it would make me upset to see kids die.

If they do just do it off screen so we don't have to witness it maybe just hear screaming or what not.

• @JPG619 said: I hope none of the main children die Duck and Clem. I rather have them alive at the end since it would make me upset to see kids die.

If they do just do it off screen so we don't have to witness it maybe just hear screaming or what not.

I want it to be graphic like the killing of Lee's brother and the chopping of the leg for the band teacher.

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: I want it to be graphic like the killing of Lee's brother and the chopping of the leg for the band teacher.

Lee brother was already a zombie so he had to kill him as for the teacher he was already zombie food if they didn't so I think they had to cut it off that if you wanted to save him.

Add Comment