User Avatar Image

I keep getting re-killed no matter what I do

posted by abbynormal on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

In the truck, I kick the zombie, push him away, press the "S" key, fall out of the truck, click "Q", then get killed anyway and every time.

WHAT am I missing besides INSTRUCTIONS!!?:eek:

10 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Did you keep pressing "Q" clicking not just 1 time? i dont know if you are doing it wrong or not, try moving he's head with your mouse to the side, i think its what i had to do...

  • With the number of times I've done it, I've tried pressing Q and holding it, clicking it like I'm nuts, and it still chomps down on my neck and NO ONE comes to my aid. Where's Carey with the gun? arghhhh

  • You have to keep pressing Q then it tells you to press E and then Carley will come and help you... go try it again ;)...

  • Of course I was doing that all along! Anyway, I started swinging my mouse left and right and, although Carley NEVER showed up, Larry finally bashed his head in.

    I really think there should be additional instructions besides the #1,2,3 and 4 and the letters WASD. If your mouse is needed for more than that, it should be EXPLAINED and it wasn't. :cool: Not here, not anywhere. :cool: I finished it. Not because I got better, but because it got simpler just so the end was easy to reach. Kind of a giant kiss off by the developers of this mess.:mad:

  • @abbynormal said: Of course I was doing that all along! Anyway, I started swinging my mouse left and right and, although Carley NEVER showed up, Larry finally bashed his head in.

    I really think there should be additional instructions besides the #1,2,3 and 4 and the letters WASD. If your mouse is needed for more than that, it should be EXPLAINED and it wasn't. :cool: Not here, not anywhere. :cool: I finished it. Not because I got better, but because it got simpler just so the end was easy to reach. Kind of a giant kiss off by the developers of this mess.:mad:

    Actually, not to be rude, but it sounds like you couldn't figure out to turn left or right and got killed and annoyed by that. I found it very simple to figure out with arrows point in each direction. Could you not figure out how to make a save choice in episode one? Pretty much the same arrows, but you're life is at risk on this attack.

  • I assumed the arrows meant to move my mouse in that direction, since the "a" and "d" key didn't' do anything. I still don't know how it worked out, but it worked.....finally. And, yes, I became annoyed because no matter what you say, the outcome doesn't change.

  • They say something like "Lee, get out of the way, I don't wanna hit you" so it should be obvious that you have to go left or right.

  • @abbynormal said: I assumed the arrows meant to move my mouse in that direction, since the "a" and "d" key didn't' do anything. I still don't know how it worked out, but it worked.....finally. And, yes, I became annoyed because no matter what you say, the outcome doesn't change.

    No you misunderstand my comment. The mechanic works the same for making the save choice in episode one. The only difference is it's about a third of the time to make the choice. When the arrows appear you have to drag to the left or right to prolong the fight scene. The outcome does change when you figure it out, hell you can swing both ways and pull through the fight alive.

    Either way, keep playing and enjoy the game.

  • @dubesor said: They say something like "Lee, get out of the way, I don't wanna hit you" so it should be obvious that you have to go left or right.

    Yep. Obviously. But when the A and D key, and moving your mouse doesn't make him go left or right....

    Yep.

  • thank you for your help in understanding what to do when the mouse or the A and D key don't make the character move.

Add Comment