128 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I saw the cannibal thing coming a mile away as it's been used in so many post-apocalyptic story lines. Book of Eli, The Road, and the Walking Dead novel series, among others. Anyone acting that nice from the get go can't be trusted. As soon as Jolene starting spouting "tell'em what you got planned for 'em"--my suspicions were cinched.

I thought it was a bit cliche and the execution was actually not all that well thought out. Why did these guys so quickly resort to cannibalism when they had a field of corn AND a freaking cow???--Which, by they way, Brenda initially said was sick then turned out to be pregnant. These guys must not have been very good farmers if they didnt even know their cow was pregnant. Furthermore, what did they initially intend to serve for dinner before Mark was shot? And why in the world would they try to go up against a group of ten people when they could have just picked off the few stragglers around their farm? I think TT could have thought of something creepier and more original than just cannibals. Like maybe trying to create a new "community" by luring groups in and killing the males while keeping the females alive. Or anything more unique than cannibalism!

On the upside, on my second playthrough I did like the fact that there was quite a bit of foreshadowing and linked plots through the episode. Jolene survelling the camp, the bear trap in the woods, and the murder scene on the road to the farm. I would have liked to learn more about the truth behind the electric fence coming on and the "bandits", however...

• Of course I knew something was up when those two hillbilly's showed up looking for gas, but unfortunately, Lee could only follow the plot of the story and not act on his own instincts.

Plus Danny's voice definitely cemented my suspicions.

• @Superfluid said: Furthermore, what did they initially intend to serve for dinner before Mark was shot? And why in the world would they try to go up against a group of ten people when they could have just picked off the few stragglers around their farm?

They planned on serving up Mark AND Lee. Did you REALLY buy that he accidently turned on the fence? They weren't trying to go up against they were baiting them in to get their guard down.

• @TheWildcard said: They planned on serving up Mark AND Lee. Did you REALLY buy that he accidently turned on the fence? They weren't trying to go up against they were baiting them in to get their guard down.

yeah, "accidentally" killing two men in the group by frying them would certainly do that.

• The fence was turned on on purpose to kill them. He said he heard him scream to turn it on, but it was turned on far before he screamed. Also he wouldn't know they could see the lamps.

• the electricity knocks them out. and they keep lee in the meat locker and mark in the upstairs room

• The electric fence wouldn't kill, proved when Andy hit it

• I figured we would just trade for some food, deal with some bandits and leave after mark was cross-bowed since we had some food.

I didnt really mind the St John's probing questions since these people were probably alone in the countryside for days and were just glad to see another human being they could talk to

• When the mom wouldn't let me see Mark and said that I would just have to trust her that he was ok, I pretty much knew some crap was going down.

• i also suspect the first arrow may not of been from the bandits... the angle mark gets shot from is from the farm house NOT the forest ;) and thats after the fence didn't fry em..

other wise it's a pretty nice coincidence marks gets shot lol

if you kill andy with the fence he seemingly does die but cos of the rain and the generator being damaged and smoking, he seemed to just fall off. but the game does say you killed andy/finsihed him off so logic says he's dead.

Add Comment