User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 24.9K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @der_ketzer said: You could have gotten it on Steam quite cheap today. They sold a ton of copies there today.

I can understand and respect the reasoning behind not using Steam. I'd be in the same boat if they didn't have so many pro-consumer and pro-small developer practices on top of their client that is required to launch games. I understand that when I buy a game on Steam, even for 75% off or three US dollars, that I'm making a trade-off. While it's a trade-off I'm willing to make, people for whom certain open software ideals are more important are perfectly justified in holding off on such things.

• @Rather Dashing said: I can understand and respect the reasoning behind not using Steam. I'd be in the same boat if they didn't have so many pro-consumer and pro-small developer practices on top of their client that is required to launch games. I understand that when I buy a game on Steam, even for 75% off or three US dollars, that I'm making a trade-off. While it's a trade-off I'm willing to make, people for whom certain open software ideals are more important are perfectly justified in holding off on such things.

I agree, the trade-off in this case is worthwhile for me as well.

(Its the convenience of the client I like the most. To install and uninstall games at will, quickly and easily, the chat, the mod support. I also think that Valve actually "gets" gamers, and I'm willing to support any company that does)

• Oh my god. nearly all of today's deals are mercilessly tickling my bum! This will require some thought! I also bought Trine 2, from my Android phone in work as well, went very smoothly!!

@Rather Dashing said: I can understand and respect the reasoning behind not using Steam. I'd be in the same boat if they didn't have so many pro-consumer and pro-small developer practices on top of their client that is required to launch games. I understand that when I buy a game on Steam, even for 75% off or three US dollars, that I'm making a trade-off. While it's a trade-off I'm willing to make, people for whom certain open software ideals are more important are perfectly justified in holding off on such things.

I definitely understand the thought. My rationale has been the convenience of Steam, coupled with the fact the files are on my computer and i'm not above downloading a crack for my games if I couldn't access them. Sure it's jumping through hoops but I don't see it as likely happening to be frank. I have a frankly worrying amount of faith in Valve! :confused:

• Wrath of the Lamb. So now Magicka isn't the only game I haven't played that I'm buying DLC for.

• Okay Calvin and Hobbes came today. Heaviest book(technically 3) I'll ever own. 20+lbs monster. As far as the binding goes, it's okay. Just okay. Probably wont hold up after numerous careless readings though. Personally, I don't care if the pages do come loose. This is fucking awesome to own. I'm just going to be very careful with it.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I read all my book treasures in an incredibly careful way but still I'm a sucker for archival quality, so I'm hoping for yet another complete edition in a decade or so.

24bm8wp.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

A bunch of games for the Summer Santa Sale Shindig. Just gotta wait for division-ten to be online so I can pass them on.

• Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    YS: Origin

Add Comment