User Avatar Image

[PS3] Walking Dead deleted all my saves

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

booted up my ps3 today, went to walking dead and it said there was an error and it would correct itself. after allowing it to do it's thing, i went to play and all my saved games are gone. the file is still in the saved folder though. any help?

edit: the save file may have also been altered because it's only 167KB now. crap, did i just lose everything??

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Mike said: Hi,

    Per my update to the Support FAQ last week, we are definitely looking into this and taking it seriously, but have not yet been able to reproduce it in-house. I'm really sorry it's happening and I wish I had more news, but I don't at the moment.

    If you're experiencing this issue, are you using an older PS3, or one of the newer slim models?

    Thanks,
    Mike

    I am using the original 60 GB PS3. Looks like this problem exists with all models.

  • Hi,

    We were able to reproduce this issue today and will have a patch on PSN as soon as humanly possible, but I don't have an ETA on when that will be. It's definitely being worked on now.

    In the short term, you can avoid this happening by not using the third save slot for a unique playthrough of the game. You can copy a save to that slot, but if you use all three slots for unique playthroughs, it increases the chances of seeing this issue. The saves will not become corrupted if only using 1 or 2 slots.

    Again, we will have a patch up on PSN for this ASAP, and I'm definitely sorry that some of you have been affected by it.

    Thanks,
    Mike

  • @Mike said:

    Again, we will have a patch up on PSN for this ASAP, and I'm definitely sorry that some of you have been affected by it.

    Thanks,
    Mike

    Thank you so much!! this has been very frustrating for us gamers having to replay old files....but i think i can speak for the rest of us we appreciate the teams efforts and for listening to their customers! TTG FTW!! =]

  • telltale had a great thing going but people are going to stop buying the series if they dont release sooner and fix some of the bugs

  • thankyou for working on a patch i hope its out soon because i have to restart all of it :/

  • @Mike said: Hi,

    We were able to reproduce this issue today and will have a patch on PSN as soon as humanly possible, but I don't have an ETA on when that will be. It's definitely being worked on now.

    In the short term, you can avoid this happening by not using the third save slot for a unique playthrough of the game. You can copy a save to that slot, but if you use all three slots for unique playthroughs, it increases the chances of seeing this issue. The saves will not become corrupted if only using 1 or 2 slots.

    Again, we will have a patch up on PSN for this ASAP, and I'm definitely sorry that some of you have been affected by it.

    Thanks,
    Mike

    was it my intructions that helped? just curious

  • Same thing happened to me, I am pissed, I want my money back.

  • I think that the ps3 should get an exclusive wallpaper or something for having this bug and making many people have to restart on all their gameplay

  • one things for certain, we definitely got the short end of the stick

  • @marcu5 said: one things for certain, we definitely got the short end of the stick

    That's the God honest truth

Add Comment