User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 12.3K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ne_zavarj said: Do you mean the new TV series ? It's sucks.

GET OUT.

:p

• @ne_zavarj said: Do you mean the new TV series ? It's sucks .

I'd reply to that, but Darth Marsden already gave the perfect response. :D

(Of course there's no accounting for tastes, but I loved the new Sherlock series.)

@ne_zavarj said: I know this was said in many other threads but... ANIMANIACS!!! If there's one group of carton characters I might adore more than the Homestar Runner Gang it would be these guys. The witty and charming humor is right up Telltale's ally, it would be perfect!

Those guys would be perfect for a humorous adventure game... I just wonder how they should make a game with them without the puzzles turning all nonsensical (which admittedly would add an interesting touch).

And now that we're on the subject of cartoon characters, how about a Tiny Toons adventure game?

• @ne_zavarj said: Do you mean the new TV series ? It's sucks .

I prefer this one :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_%281984_TV_series%29

Ugh. The Jeremy Brett series was badly cast, badly acted, badly scripted, and badly directed. And that's just the *good* episodes.

In my opinion. In fact, Sherlock Holmes fans seem to be split 50/50 on whether ITV did a good job of it or not. Whereas "Sherlock" is, at worst, the most recent in a loooooong line of people taking an axe to the original stories. (There are probably still people running letter-writing campaigns against Eille Norwood).

• The last series or two were notable for Jeremy Brett looking very ill as his dedication to the role was wearing on him. His manic depression was really in full swing by that point. It's actually kind of hard to watch, in retrospect.

• Sequels to:
    .Day of the tentacle (maniac mansion)
    .Full Throttle
    .The Dig

and another point and click Indiana Jones game maybe

pretty much anything Lucasarts made.

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy up the Space Quest series by sierra if possible.

I know a lot of people would love to see that.

• I have an idea for a point-and-click game. It's called Doom, and you point your mouse at the screen, and click to shoot.

• I also agree with you guys on a star trek game as long as you can control the ship and still shoot a phaser like in the old ones.

• I would like a Star Trek adventure game, akin to 25th Anniversary or TNG:A Final Unity.

• Ideas I've said before (but in other topics), OH, and some new ones too!:

Arrested Development: The Adventure Game
    Biker Mice From Mars: The Adventure Game
    Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Adventure Game
    Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas: The Adventure Game
    Futurama: The Adventure Game
    Mr. Show: The Adventure Game
    Peanut Butter Bandit: The Adventure Game
    Seinfeld: The Adventure Game
    South Park: The Adventure Game
    Star Wars: The Adventure Game
    Street Sharks: The Adventure Game
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Adventure Game
    Terminator: The Adventure Game
    The Beverly Hillbillies: The Adventure Game
    The Red Green Show: The Adventure Game
    The Simpsons: The Aventure Game
    The Three Stooges: The Adventure Game

Take your pick, Telltale. Oh, and if you want to adapt Peanut Butter Bandit to an adventure game, just give me a ring.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Chyron8472 said: I would like a Star Trek adventure game, akin to 25th Anniversary or TNG:A Final Unity.

I would like something with a 25th Anniversary too... :D

Add Comment