User Avatar Image

Doug or Carley?

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 31.3K users

I was a bit dissapointed, seeing the statistics for this one. I saved Doug, and don't regret it one bit. Doug is a very resourceful character, he's funny, he's very relateable and is useful in any situation. Carley is too serious, and doesn't add very much. She has a gun, sure, but once you run out of ammo, or lose the gun, she has no redeeming qualities. her resourcefulness hits rock bottom (radio), and she has an instinctive reaction to solve every problem with her gun. She also has very little humor. I'm also getting a little tired of people saving someone just because they have a pair of boobs.

188 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is a topic covered a lot. You're not alone. Do a scan of the threads, and you'll find more.

  • You're entitled to your opinion man.
    I like Carly better because she trusts Lee enough to keep his secret. There's some really good dialogue between them when they are walking in the second episode, even if Doug is "funnier".

    Also Doug is a pretty hefty guy, they both have boobs. :P

  • I saved Doug over Carley because the latter was armed. She could have easily saved herself she turned around and shoot.

  • @doom saber said: I saved Doug over Carley because the latter was armed. She could have easily saved herself she turned around and shoot.

    She was out of Ammo, it was in her purse.

    I chose Carley because she's a good shot, and with the long term future of humanity in mind.

  • @Death689God said: She was out of Ammo, it was in her purse.

    I chose Carley because she's a good shot, and with the long term future of humanity in mind.

    If you're thinking long term, wouldn't a guy who is resourceful and crafty more important than being able to aim a gun?

  • @Demopan said: If you're thinking long term, wouldn't a guy who is resourceful and crafty more important than being able to aim a gun?

    Long term future of humanity means producing more humans to do that you need a womb... get where this is going?

    Also TTG dropped the ball with Doug.

    Carley saves yours and ducks life
    gives you the radio puzzle.
    talks to you about your past
    Goes with you to save Glenn
    You can Feed Carley

    Doug takes you outside to get the keys
    Doug takes you outside to get the keys
    Doug takes you outside to get the keys
    Doug takes you outside to get the keys
    You can't feed Doug.

    see the problem?

  • @Demopan said: If you're thinking long term, wouldn't a guy who is resourceful and crafty more important than being able to aim a gun?


    Like CapnJay said, and in addition to it think on this:
    Do you even realize what all can go wrong during child birth? Having only one woman to have kids with would be suicidal. The best option is to make sure that the women outnumber the men. Repopulating the earth will be safer, and quicker that way.

  • Because you can't repopulate the earth in five episodes, I saved Doug too. He's a real mensch in the 2nd episode too, very happy I kept him.

  • I think Doug and Carley should be considered like

    Rebuilding Modern Society {with all it's technical conveniances} vs New World Order {with all it's survival skills}

  • @MakersWax said: Because you can't repopulate the earth in five episodes, I saved Doug too. He's a real mensch in the 2nd episode too, very happy I kept him.

    I do things in Character. I might only be in it for 5 episodes, but my Lee's in it for the long haul.

Add Comment