User Avatar Image

All-Time Favorite Adventure Game Jokes

posted by Locomojo on - last edited - Viewed by 941 users

What are your all-time favorite adventure game jokes?

My list would have to include...

MANIAC MANSION DEATH GAGS

+ Getting Razor to microwave and give the dead hamster to Weird Ed is probably the most twisted and demented gag of all, but in a warm and cuddly kind of way.

+ Drowning your buddy in the nuclear reactor cooling pool.

+ Microwaving the pool water. I like how the character runs around the kitchen like a chicken with it's head cut off yelling "Ahhhhh! Radioactive steam!"

+ Showing the Green Tentacle your record contract.

+ Playing the tentacle mating call record for the Green Tentacle. I like this joke because it's romantic.

+ The various ways of blowing up the house, and the awesome music that follows.

They're all brilliant!

SPACE QUEST 3

+ Sneaking into Scumsoft, and facing Elmo Pug. The whole Scumsoft thing was the perfect parody of Microsoft's reaction to software pirating. I wonder if software managers still have bull whips at software companies.

+ Thermal weave underwear for extreme heat. Classic.

The list could go on and on...

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Or how about the death scene in Space Quest 1 when you drink from the pool of acid underground on the desert planet. The instant replay of the death is pretty hilarious. I know Lucasarts wasn't big on dying in adventure games, but man, some death scenes can be really entertaining!

• Space Quest 3.
    Go south one room from the start screen.
    TAKE METAL.

That is all.

• Nice posts. This is my first time using this forum. It's nice to see some responses. I think I remember the "Take metal" scene in SQ3 with the rats peeking from the shadows...

And as far as Monkey Island goes, you can't go wrong with the spitting contest.

• @Locomojo said: Or how about the death scene in Space Quest 1 when you drink from the pool of acid underground on the desert planet. The instant replay of the death is pretty hilarious. I know Lucasarts wasn't big on dying in adventure games, but man, some death scenes can be really entertaining!

Those were the best. You could stick your hand in the pool of acid too. It would freeze and the two guys from Andromeda would pop up and would be like, "Let's take a look and see where he went wrong." then it would slo mo of you putting your hand in the acid and it would stop and they were like, "Right here was the first mistake." They also had awesome commentary when you walked under the drips of acid and died too. Space Quest was the best. Long live Roger Wilco.

• Good call Scott.

On another note, not really a specific joke, just funny: the AI in Sam and Max 204 was friggin' hilarious. I'm guessing that was a tribute to Douglas Adams' "Marvin". :cool:

• @Locomojo said: Good call Scott.

On another note, not really a specific joke, just funny: the AI in Sam and Max 204 was friggin' hilarious. I'm guessing that was a tribute to Douglas Adams' "Marvin". :cool:

Not quite- I'm with the guy who said it needed a manic-depressive setting.

• @TrogLlama said: Not quite- I'm with the guy who said it needed a manic-depressive setting.

I'm the guy that said a manic-depressive setting would have been cool! :D

Did anyone notice the possible Douglas Adams reference in the title of Dave Grossman's book of poetry "Ode to the Stuff in the Sink: A Book of Guy Poetry". I might be an obsessive Douglas Adams fan, but the first thing I thought of was the universe's second worst poem of all time: "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning". And on that note, I cast my vote that the next Telltale series is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

• That might be a bit of a stretch...

• MI-1: The scene in the mansion when all the action is taking place behind the walls.

Use...confetti...on crazy clown

WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Add Comment