User Avatar Image

Doug or Carley?

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 15.1K users

I was a bit dissapointed, seeing the statistics for this one. I saved Doug, and don't regret it one bit. Doug is a very resourceful character, he's funny, he's very relateable and is useful in any situation. Carley is too serious, and doesn't add very much. She has a gun, sure, but once you run out of ammo, or lose the gun, she has no redeeming qualities. her resourcefulness hits rock bottom (radio), and she has an instinctive reaction to solve every problem with her gun. She also has very little humor. I'm also getting a little tired of people saving someone just because they have a pair of boobs.

187 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Death689God said: I do things in Character. I might only be in it for 5 episodes, but my Lee's in it for the long haul.



    Less than a week into the apocalypse and Lee is already concerned with repopulating the Earth? Hardcore;).

    I like to roleplay a bit more. Lee has seen some pretty bad things, but he still doesn't know for sure that it's bad everywhere. we only hear about how bad Atlanta was, and he asserts several times that he just "doesn't know" about everything else. By the time we make the Doug/Carley choice, pretty much everyone believes that it's only a few more weeks until the government/military rolls through to solve everything.

    So I liked both Carley and Doug. Doug seemed like he was more crafty, both seemed pretty ready to trust me. When it came down to the moment, it definitely looked like Doug was in more trouble, so I chose him.

  • Lee's thinking "who would be a good surrogate mom for Clem"

  • @Sisterofshane said: Less than a week into the apocalypse and Lee is already concerned with repopulating the Earth? Hardcore;).

    I like to roleplay a bit more. Lee has seen some pretty bad things, but he still doesn't know for sure that it's bad everywhere. we only hear about how bad Atlanta was, and he asserts several times that he just "doesn't know" about everything else. By the time we make the Doug/Carley choice, pretty much everyone believes that it's only a few more weeks until the government/military rolls through to solve everything.

    So I liked both Carley and Doug. Doug seemed like he was more crafty, both seemed pretty ready to trust me. When it came down to the moment, it definitely looked like Doug was in more trouble, so I chose him.



    Well my Lee is kinda hoping things go on like this for a while longer. Better to be Free Zombie Bait than Chained Prison B*tch in his mind. On top of that, he's a man... Trust me, men are ALWAYS thinking about repopulating the earth, even when there's still 7 Billion people. ;)

  • @Death689God said: Well my Lee is kinda hoping things go on like this for a while longer. Better to be Free Zombie Bait than Chained Prison B*tch in his mind. On top of that, he's a men... Trust me, men are ALWAYS thinking about repopulating the earth, even when there's still 7 Billion people. ;)



    to quote lister

    "I wanted to have a family. And I wanted to have loads of practice in the things that you've got to do to get a family."

  • The smart choice would have been Doug but c'mon, a pretty girl that can shoot effectively? Most people don't think with their brains.

  • In my Second Save Lee saved Doug but at a terrible cost. every night we make him dress up in white face paint and a chefs apron and smock and poke him in his belly.

  • the first time i played, i thought doug was pretty useless and a bit of an idiot risk taker as he offered to show me outside (not explaining at first it was secure) i just said no and thought he sucked, but carley said she knew your past, even though i said i trusted her i didnt because she was a reporter so using information for leverage is what she does, but she had a gun and could use it, so reasonably useful.

    later we had to interact with doug and doug said he had memorised the codes for remote controls, that made me wonder what other useful skills a man like this could have.

    so when i came to save them i saved doug because i thought he would be more useful, and i thought i would have a chance to pick up carley's gun as we had established that leaving a gun behind is not an option (suicide woman) but as we left we didnt even pick up her bag, very silly, sort of understandable but unforgivable

  • maybe they pick up carleys gun in episode three when you go to the drugstore if you sided with doug which will take one less point out of Carleys sails.

    Likelyhood ratio: seventy five percent
    As this would also give lee a chance to see her purse and remember how he chose doug.

  • @CapnJay said: maybe they pick up carleys gun in episode three when you go to the drugstore if you sided with doug which will take one less point out of Carleys sails.

    Likelyhood ratio: seventy five percent
    As this would also give lee a chance to see her purse and remember how he chose doug.



    ohhh :D ,what if we find out carley was writing a story about lee before all this happened, so when we find her purse we get to learn more about the murder case

  • thus giving Doug fans an equal insight into Lee as Carley fans since we already get to talk to Carley on the walk. good call

Add Comment