User Avatar Image

Doug or Carley?

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 15.3K users

I was a bit dissapointed, seeing the statistics for this one. I saved Doug, and don't regret it one bit. Doug is a very resourceful character, he's funny, he's very relateable and is useful in any situation. Carley is too serious, and doesn't add very much. She has a gun, sure, but once you run out of ammo, or lose the gun, she has no redeeming qualities. her resourcefulness hits rock bottom (radio), and she has an instinctive reaction to solve every problem with her gun. She also has very little humor. I'm also getting a little tired of people saving someone just because they have a pair of boobs.

187 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CapnJay said: thus giving Doug fans an equal insight into Lee as Carley fans since we already get to talk to Carley on the walk. good call

yeah, and if we saved carley, another conversation with her about the murder case would explain even more and doing the same thing as finding the purse

• i always thought they could have both survived. Doug was being grabbed by walkers, and Carley was out of ammo. lee has the strength needed to pull the Doug off the walkers, and Clementine, instead of standing there, could have gotten Carley her ammo.

• @Demopan said: i always thought they could have both survived. Doug was being grabbed by walkers, and Carley was out of ammo. lee has the strength needed to pull the Doug off the walkers, and Clementine, instead of standing there, could have gotten Carley her ammo.

At the end of the game, you find out that Clem had a spare magazine for the ep1 climax, a shot of adrenaline for the ep2 climax, train-remover for the third, a port compression coil for the fourth, and a large sponge for the season finale.

• @Master of Aeons said: At the end of the game, you find out that Clem had a spare magazine for the ep1 climax, a shot of adrenaline for the ep2 climax, train-remover for the third, a port compression coil for the fourth, and a large sponge for the season finale.

Carley's ammo is in her purse. Lee go it from there if he saved Carley, and clementine could have gotten it instead of Lee. I don't see why you have trouble understanding that.

• @Demopan said: Carley's ammo is in her purse. Lee go it from there if he saved Carley, and clementine could have gotten it instead of Lee. I don't see why you have trouble understanding that.

...maybe because I'm joking? Come on. Train remover? Esponja Grande?

• @Demopan said: i always thought they could have both survived. Doug was being grabbed by walkers, and Carley was out of ammo. lee has the strength needed to pull the Doug off the walkers, and Clementine, instead of standing there, could have gotten Carley her ammo.

Yeah, because Clementine could REACH the purse, Right? It's on the counter. You're asking someone, nevermind it's a little girl, to run across the room and climb something over her head, get an item she probably didn't even know was there, and sling it to Carley before the Zombies got her.
    Keep in mind that A LOT of players, on this very forum, said the reason they saved Doug is because they didn't see the save Icon for Carley. That's right, a bunch of ADULT GAMERS didn't even realize they had to click the purse till AFTER the fact... But the 8 Year old, who can't reach it, is supposed to? :rolleyes:

• @Death689God said: Yeah, because Clementine could REACH the purse, Right? It's on the counter. You're asking someone, nevermind it's a little girl, to run across the room and climb something over her head, get an item she probably didn't even know was there, and sling it to Carley before the Zombies got her.
    Keep in mind that A LOT of players, on this very forum, said the reason they saved Doug is because they didn't see the save Icon for Carley. That's right, a bunch of ADULT GAMERS didn't even realize they had to click the purse till AFTER the fact... But the 8 Year old, who can't reach it, is supposed to? :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, clementine should have at least tried. All she did was stand there like a derp.

• @Demopan said: Nevertheless, clementine should have at least tried. All she did was stand there like a derp.

You're either REALLY over thinking this, or trying to start a flame war with people... I highly doubt the Dev team even considered the possibility of her doing anything anyways. Any of you that thought both of them would be saved, were really just fooling yourselves. Besides, even if your insane belief that she should have done something, there's nothing she could have done.

It's YOUR fault, as the player, either Carley or Doug dies, not someone else's.

• @Death689God said: You're either REALLY over thinking this, or trying to start a flame war with people... I highly doubt the Dev team even considered the possibility of her doing anything anyways. Any of you that thought both of them would be saved, were really just fooling yourselves. Besides, even if your insane belief that she should have done something, there's nothing she could have done.

It's YOUR fault, as the player, either Carley or Doug dies, not someone else's.

chill out bro, I was just thinking. I think clem shoulda tried, imo. That's all there is to it. I never disagreed with you, I was just sharing my thoughts.

• Demo you didn't even think jolene had a kid. are you sure your paying attention enough to the game to make character judgements?

Add Comment