User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 20.2K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Secret Fawful said: I still need to see the Assembly Cut of Alien 3. I think I'll make that next on my to-do list. Also, in reality, I do rank Alien above Crystal Skull....but Prometheus will have to wait for a Director's Cut for me to evaluate it. I don't dislike KotCS in any way though, and feel it gets far too much backlash.

Please do watch the (blu-ray) assembly cut of 'Alien 3', as it is superb.

As for 'Crystal Skull'; I love the film up to the "snake-rope" scene. Following that moment, I find it descends into 'Phantom Menace' levels of suckage!

• The opening scene was great. I'll give it that. It had a great moment.

• The only good movies that Christopher Nolan has made is the Batman trilogy. Inception was mind-boggling and confusing.

• @St_Eddie said: As for 'Crystal Skull'; I love the film up to the "snake-rope" scene. Following that moment, I find it descends into 'Phantom Menace' levels of suckage!

I actually liked the movie. Yeah, a lot of the action felt kinda shoved in at the last moment, but it was enjoyable enough.

Also, I know it seems silly that there's aliens in Indiana Jones, but I stopped questioning the scientific logic behind the films after the face-melting in Raiders. If the series can convince me to believe in magic, then alien technology isn't much of a stretch.

• @StrongBrush1 said: I actually liked the movie. Yeah, a lot of the action felt kinda shoved in at the last moment, but it was enjoyable enough.

Also, I know it seems silly that there's aliens in Indiana Jones, but I stopped questioning the scientific logic behind the films after the face-melting in Raiders. If the series can convince me to believe in magic, then alien technology isn't much of a stretch.

I'm all for the suspension of disbelief within film. However, the Indiana Jones movies always used religious artifacts as the central MacGuffin, up until 'Crystal Skull' that is! Having said that, the use of aliens interdimensional beings was the least of the fourth movie's problems; the horrendous vine swinging scene takes that particular dubious accolade.

• I think the Crystal Skull is better than the Temple of Doom. At least I liked and enjoyed it more.

There, I said it :p

PS. Ironically enough, the Russian extras and secondary characters in Crystal Skull talk in actual clear Russian. While Cate Blanchett speaks Russian with a super-extra horrendous accent. Not even a bad accent, it was worse than that.

• @Secret Fawful said: M - Two thumbs up - 100%

Yeah, M is pretty damn awesome. One of my favourites.

• @Farlander said: I think the Crystal Skull is better than the Temple of Doom. At least I liked and enjoyed it more.

This is true. Crystal Skull isn't near as creepy or gross as Temple of Doom. And I hate that kid with the Indy voodoo doll. Also, anyone who complains about the nuclear bomb test in Crystal Skull obviously forgot about the plane crash/raft ride in Temple of Doom (which, imo is far less believable.)

• Crystal Skull didn't have a girl screaming for the whole movie.

• @Johro said: Crystal Skull didn't have a girl screaming for the whole movie.

Crystal Skull had Shia LaBeouf. On this score, Temple wins.

Add Comment