User Avatar Image

Episode 3. Whatever they do next...

posted by Ansin on - last edited - Viewed by 629 users

... please please don't let it be a farm AGAIN.

What is it with Walking Dead and Farms? (Granted, a farm makes sense during a zombie apocalypse.)
In the comic book they went to Hershel's farm. Then in the TV series they went to Hershel's farm. Then in the game they went to Hershel's farm. And then, after eternally waiting for episode two it turns out they go... *drumroll* to a farm.

ENOUGH FARMS ALREADY! I'll take anything - a prison, a theme park, a bunker, a cruiseship, a train, whatever it takes, just don't let them ever go anywhere near a farm again please!

I love The Walking Dead, but I'm seriously farmed out! Is it just me?

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Death689God said: Let me enlighten you: ALL games are Money Making Schemes, do you understand? Every, single, one.

And 25 Bucks for a 10-30 hour game (you can have 3 playthroughs going at once), with HIGH replayability, is hardly some sort of Rip Off if that's what you're suggesting... Does NO ONE have any patience?

PS: Do you have any idea how rushed they probably are as it is? Look how buggy Episode 2 was, and they went over their 1 Month agreement for that. Do you want a Episode you can actually play that takes two months to get, or a buggy episode you can barely play w/o breaking something and you have o wait 2 additional months to get patched?

Yeah but who's fault is that.

It looks like this is how they do business (episode release) so if anything they should be use to doing work this way. They put themselves in this box. They decided how much time they would need. I have no sympathy.

Games are products that generate revenue true..its a product like anything else. However I think the poster was saying that the way the product is being released is a scheme whose purpose is to generate even more profit (over a prolonged period of time) for the product.

This is not layaway where the product is not paid for all at once. This is the opposite. The product has been paid for and is given out in parts. People are buying a incomplete product with the promise of completion at a later (unknown) date.

There is no business in the world that would let the consumer operate that way. When you have a cell phone even though you use it for a month without paying (you get the service first) the phone company knows when you will pay it. When you go out to eat, you get the food first but the restaurant knows when it will get paid. But in this case you have paid in full for a product just to get it in parts that will be fully completed at a unknown time.

So in essence the consumer is like the phone bill company that is letting telltale talk on the phone and is getting incremental payments at unknown times.

• Once you get below Atlanta, there really isn't much. Other than Macon, lots of countryside. Couple of military bases and then Valdosta. Trees. Big ass snakes. Rednecks. And farms.

• @crash665 said: Once you get below Atlanta, there really isn't much. Other than Macon, lots of countryside. Couple of military bases and then Valdosta. Trees. Big ass snakes. Rednecks. And farms.

What is this "Ass Snake" you speak of?

• @ozzmann said: What is this "Ass Snake" you speak of?

not enough fiber

• well there gonna have us try to reach the coast for kennys boat, maybe meet some bandits on the way

• @Bcroft said: well there gonna have us try to reach the coast for kennys boat, maybe meet some bandits on the way

nope the boat is bullshit kenny only mentioned it to get lee on side...

it does not exist...

• @NessaT said: :gag:

You should check out the Human Centipede

• @CapnJay said: You should check out the Human Centipede

The Ass Snake incarnate. Well, more like ATM snake...

• Back to topic...

I've read that in Georgia, where the action takes place, there are A LOT of farming over there. It's not strange that Lee's group find farms here and there.

Add Comment