User Avatar Image

Season 3 may have been the last

posted by FrankT on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

Well correct me if I'm wrong... but I fear that Season 3 may well have been the last Sam & Max season, and a Season 4 isn't being planned. :( Well how else can we explain the sudden appearance of all the living characters in the finale?! And I'm taking into account the fact that it was made a few years after S2 - maybe it was a comeback special or something! Your thoughts?

102 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @lattsam said: And now even with after the delay of The Walking Dead, they want to give TWD a second season...

o_O

Who said that?

• Screw Season 4, Why don't we skip right to Season 5!

• That's what I said! Sort of.

• Then Season 3 really is the last! :(

• @FrankT said: Then Season 3 really is the last! :(

I wouldn't assume that. I think the reason for Telltale currently not working on a Season 4 (as far as we know) is due to Steve being busy at Pixar. I mean, he did just co-direct Brave. I'm sure that took up his time.
    But it doesn't mean Steve won't ever have time again to work with Telltale, and there won't ever be plans for a Season 4.
    I would rather wait so Telltale can get a good idea and concept for Season 4 and work with Steve on it. Due to their other projects as well, they might not yet have had time to sit down and go "Okay, where do we take Sam & Max from here? How do we make it even better than it already is?"
    It's gonna take a lot to top The Devil's Playhouse, so I'm definitely in favor of not rushing it. "Rome wasn't built in a day", as they say.

• It's not in the immediate future so it doesn't exist!

• @Tora Newton Y. said: I wouldn't assume that. I think the reason for Telltale currently not working on a Season 4 (as far as we know) is due to Steve being busy at Pixar. I mean, he did just co-direct Brave. I'm sure that took up his time.
    But it doesn't mean Steve won't ever have time again to work with Telltale, and there won't ever be plans for a Season 4.
    I would rather wait so Telltale can get a good idea and concept for Season 4 and work with Steve on it. Due to their other projects as well, they might not yet have had time to sit down and go "Okay, where do we take Sam & Max from here? How do we make it even better than it already is?"
    It's gonna take a lot to top The Devil's Playhouse, so I'm definitely in favor of not rushing it. "Rome wasn't built in a day", as they say.

I get the idea from interviews that Steve isn't heavily involved with the development so I don't think that would be a reason.

• @Sausy Gibbon said: I get the idea from interviews that Steve isn't heavily involved with the development so I don't think that would be a reason.

He's still involved enough to be a creative influence though, and I'm sure he has to come in and check on how everything is doing now and then also. You're probably mostly right, he maybe isn't extremely involved, but if he's been busy every day at Pixar for the past 2 years that makes sense not much Sam & Max stuff has been going on.

• @FrankT said: Then Season 3 really is the last! :(

And probably a end to good old point and click adventures...
    If telltale completely abandon more traditional point and click games, then I will abandon telltale as a company as well.
    I thought walking dead was pretty entertaining, but there is absolutely no real gameplay or puzzles. It is basically for me like a interactive movie with very simplified gameplay.

Add Comment