User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 35.9K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: This one doesn't? News to me!

I bought it, and it worked. Then I upgraded to Windows 7 and it didn't. The graphical glitches made the game almost unplayable. I've also heard from people who had both versions of the game, and said the GOG version is much more stable.

• Aww aren't they just adorable?

• Let's get something straight right now. When it comes to critical analysis, I am not your frakking friend. I do not have to be frakking nice to you. What I have to do is look at what I am analyzing and evaluate its merits. And if it doesn't have any, I'm not going to be like "awwww, but people like it, so I should be nice and treat it with respect". I don't DO that. But you know what, life is also too short to let my opinion ruin your fun. I'm just not going to change my opinion for you to be nice. And Dashing shouldn't have to either.

Because objectivity is not friendly. It is analytical. It is cold. It is calculating. It is not KIND.

• @Secret Fawful said: Because objectivity is not friendly. It is analytical. It is cold. It is calculating. It is not KIND.

How fitting, because I'm objectively saying that this ends now, and if it doesn't, I will not be kind about it.

• ...So how about that Beyond Good & Evil? People should probably get that game, eh?

• @Johro said: ...So how about that Beyond Good & Evil? People should probably get that game, eh?

Only if they don't have a Windows 7 machine. On Windows 7 it's borderline unplayable.

• I had problems with certain games not playing(or freezing or spazzing out) on my Windows 7 PC. It had a newish lower-high-end GPU. I know the common solution is to reinstall windows, but what I actually did, was put my older(but better) GPU(and PSU) in and all 3 of the problem games I've tried have worked(there's about 6 or 7 I've encountered, but I only tried 3 so far). Good for me I guess. This doesn't really help anybody else, but I thought I'd share that anyway.

Sam & Max 2 was the funniest. Everything just went ape-shit when that setup tried to load.

• @Darth Marsden said: Oh, Windows 7. Say no more.

What about it? I've not had many issues with it at all. It's Vista that has problems, Windows 7 works fine.

If you say real gamers use Linux or Mac, I will kill you.

• @Gman5852 said: Just remember. I did say I've seen very little of Fallout 3 :p

That was badly worded. What I meant to say was that I don't understand how people who've played both often don't make note of the pretty substantial mechanical differences between the two.

Add Comment