User Avatar Image

Doug or Carley?

posted by Demopan on - last edited - Viewed by 31.2K users

I was a bit dissapointed, seeing the statistics for this one. I saved Doug, and don't regret it one bit. Doug is a very resourceful character, he's funny, he's very relateable and is useful in any situation. Carley is too serious, and doesn't add very much. She has a gun, sure, but once you run out of ammo, or lose the gun, she has no redeeming qualities. her resourcefulness hits rock bottom (radio), and she has an instinctive reaction to solve every problem with her gun. She also has very little humor. I'm also getting a little tired of people saving someone just because they have a pair of boobs.

188 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @NessaT said: Hahaha... I know, right? Sometimes I try to sit in and listen to both sides - but sometimes I just give up because the entire discussion is basically going:-

A: "I'm right, you're stupid".
    B: "No, you're stupid".
    A: (rinse, lather, repeat)

That's not what's happening. If you were really reading the thread, you'd know that, idiot.

• I'm not talking about this thread specifically.

• @NessaT said: I'm not talking about this thread specifically.

What? I'm not stupid, you are!

• @NessaT said: Hahaha... I know, right? Sometimes I try to sit in and listen to both sides - but sometimes I just give up because the entire discussion is basically going:-

A: "I'm right, you're stupid".
    B: "No, you're stupid".
    A: (rinse, lather, repeat)

There's a reason I choose to bow out gracefully. I usually try to avoid fighting like I'm back in elementary school.:D

• @Sisterofshane said: There's a reason I choose to bow out gracefully. I usually try to avoid fighting like I'm back in elementary school.:D

Yeah, I can see you did. *salutes you* :)

• i'm still waiting on Death's thread about his vision of the next society after the walkers destroy ours and we build anew...

and then rommel and sister tearing his logic apart

• Sisterofshane is good with a sound, organized argument. Too bad it's lost on a lot of people here.

• @CapnJay said: i'm still waiting on Death's thread about his vision of the next society after the walkers destroy ours and we build anew...

and then rommel and sister tearing his logic apart

Well, since sister saw no point in responding, he has claimed victory over the matter in this thread.

So... who knows? He just might start something again.

• Doug also has a better voice actor. Sorry Carley, you were breaking immersion with your stilted intonation. So I let your face get gnawed.

• @Rommel49 said: A much better example would be the Irene choice, particularly if you didn't give her the gun. "Why didn't you just give it to her?", "Because I wasn't about to give the only gun our group has to some nutty stranger, you really can't see how that could have gone terribly wrong for us?". Had absolutely nothing to do with morals or what have you.

This is a damn good point.

I knew from my knowledge of zombie lore that she was dead either way and I genuinely wouldn't have had an issue with putting her out of her misery- but we had just spent 15 minutes sneaking around quietly to avoid attracting more walkers, and she was clearly in a bad emotional state.

I'd have liked to have been able to say to her "no, we can't risk giving up this gun to a stranger and we can't take the risk of the gunshot attracting walkers- sorry", rather than "we can't let you do that to yourself".

Add Comment