User Avatar Image

You weren't there for my son! Twice!

posted by TastyCarcass on - last edited - Viewed by 586 users

What?

No, I didn't save Duck the first time because I'm a heartless git, but when he was accused of being infected I said "let's reason with him" to Larry and then I told you to punch him.


Is this a bug?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i keep mentally substituting twice for thrice

  • @Dildor said: When you choice reason with him, it actually turns Lee around and try to reason with Kenny. It's a misleading choice that I think is the best sounding of the options.

    No, the dialogue is as follows...

    Kenny: "What do we do about this guy Lee?"

    Lee: "We reason with him."

    Kenny: "With the side of an axe, maybe."

    Lee is responding to Kenny's question, not just making a statement. "Him" in this case would refer to Larry, not Kenny.

  • @trd84 said: They should have had Doug/Carley come back for Lee if you don't side with Kenny in drug store. Instead of just changing the the last words in his sentence. One of the many little things they could have done to make your choices seem more important.

    Kenny's character wasn't consistent in the 2 eps. The Kenny in ep 2 would never have came back to save Lee if he had just tried to throw his son out to a bunch of walkers.

    That's a great point about having someone other than Kenny coming back for you in the drugstore. It's a good game, but small things like that would make it so much better than it is.

  • Well on the bright side The Walking Dead Game could be considered a prototype for future "your choices determine the narrative games" and all Prototypes need to be beta tested. so we're Paying to Beta Test the future of gaming.

  • It's a huge bug (Godzilla size) or a design failure. Maybe both things.

    Shame that this ruins the gaming experience a little. :(

  • @The_Ripper said: It's a huge bug (Godzilla size) or a design failure. Maybe both things.

    Shame that this ruins the gaming experience little. :)

    Fixed :D

  • by reasoning with 'larry' you are taking the pacifist route which can be considered cowardly and pro larry cos you don't want to knock him out...hence kenny doesn't like it.

    bottom line if you want kenny to like you and be loyal kick the piledrivers ass

  • I agree, Milo. There seems to be no middle ground with Kenny - you're either with him, or against him.

  • @NessaT said: I agree, Milo. There seems to be no middle ground with Kenny - you're either with him, or against him.

    Sounds like Ol G.W.

  • @CapnJay said: Well on the bright side The Walking Dead Game could be considered a prototype for future "your choices determine the narrative games" and all Prototypes need to be beta tested. so we're Paying to Beta Test the future of gaming.

    It's not the future of gaming, although it still does need improving, if everygame adapted this style of play it would soon become boring.

Add Comment