User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 43.6K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: It's not.

It is. Another game of the series was discounted (Guerilla) but not the others.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Gibbeynator said: Only if they don't have a Windows 7 machine. On Windows 7 it's borderline unplayable.

Was playing it on Windows 7 64bit and it was working absolutely fine. It was the gog version though.

• Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

75% off (that's $3.74 in US dollars)

The only downside is that this uses GFWL, but otherwise you should really get this. It's an amazing XBLA game and it comes with the DLC they charge $4 to get on XBLA. The game is jaw-droppingly gorgeous, and amazingly well-designed, with an incredible sense of scale and exploration.

If you have the money and a lick of good sense, buy this.

It's really, really good.

• Civilization V 75%
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution 75%
    Crysis Franchise 70%
    Magicka Franchise 75%
    FEAR Franchise 75%
    Red Orchestra Franchise 75%
    Driver: San Francisco 75%
    Dungeon Defenders Franchise 75%
    Indie Bundle VII (Capsized, Revenge of the Titans, Zeno Clash, VVVVVV, Jamestown)
    Wow. This is the best indie bundle so far. Tomorrow there will be a good one too.

• I decided to pick up Red Orchestra 2.
    Wanted to give a go before, but the price was a bit steep (since I didn't really play the 1st game).

I think I will give this a shot though, once I get a few hours to play it.
    I like tough games, so this should be the sort of thing I might like for a little while.

I own most of the other games, and crysis looks meh.

• I guess you guys decided to wait. Cool.

Crysis 2 - 70% off
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (franchise) - 75% off
    Driver: San Francisco - 75% off
    Dungeon Defenders (+ DLC) - 75% off
    F.3.A.R. (franchise) - 75% off
    Indie Bundle IX (Capsized, Jamestown, Revenge of the Titans, VVVVVV and Zeno Clash) - 75% off
    Magicka (+ DLC) - 75% off
    Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad (franchise)- 75% off
    Sid Meier's Civilization V (+ most DLC) - 75% off

EDIT: Gah, ketzer ninja'd me. Ah well, you get 'em listed twice. Whatever.

The current Flash Deals (I can't remember which are new and which aren't, and I can't be bothered to check):
    Crusader Kings 2, Far Cry 2, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet and Limbo.

• Damn you Dashing.

My will... too... weak...

• @MusicallyInspired said: [QUOTE=flesk;641928][QUOTE=Darth Marsden;641411]Age of Empires III - 75% off

I already own a physical copy of the base game, but I'm a bit tempted because of the expansions and the convenience of getting it on Steam. Anyone know if the expansions are worth it?[/QUOTE]

What I want to know is if the game forces you to have GFWL to play it. There is an older retail version out there that has doesn't require it, but they don't sell it anymore. I don't want it if it needs it.[/QUOTE]

I ended up buying it. According to this AoE III FAQ on the Steam forums it doesn't require GFWL:

@MusicallyInspired said: [LIST]
    [*]Will I need Games for Windows Live to run Age of Empires III: The Complete Collection? Are there achievement points?
    Age of Empires III does not require Games for Windows Live, and there are no achievement points available.
    [/LIST]

• One thing I didn't mention is that Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet has the best camera I have ever seen in a video game, hands down. It's to the point where the camera in the game is immediately impressive. Watch this, this run-down of the camera system gets across the really cool camera tech that gives ITSP its very unique animated film-like look without sacrificing gameplay functionality(and actually aiding game functionality).

• Great. I burned my dinner because I was reading this thread. I hate you now Marsden.

Add Comment