User Avatar Image

Was The Mark meat even needed?

posted by Dr Lance VanBoobenHousen on - last edited - Viewed by 342 users

they had a lot of cheese, a feild full of corn and veg. so was it even nessasery to cut off that 4 eyed assholes legs and serve them up? they could have just served a huge salad? and THAT ladies and germs is why i killed them, both of them

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Master of Aeons said: Oh my god, they're cannibals!

Lol! What other shocking revelations do we need?

Holy cow, we've been in Georgia for the entire duration of the story!:p

• I think they took advantage of the situation, where Mark was some helpless free meal that they could butcher easily, and they wouldn't be questioned about it if he died.

• you know, I thought of something: The group brought Mark in because he had food, Lilly then said that his food was running out and they didn't need him. He ended up becoming food.

BTW: First post woo

• On my first playthrough I was conflicted when Lee ran to stop the party eating - the whole game had been setting up just how desperate the party's food situation was, so I was thinking "Is cannibalism what we need to do to survive now? Am I about to doom everyone to starvation by hanging onto pre-crisis squeamishness?" and that guilt led to me ultimately cutting the family too much slack for "doing what they had to do", when in retrospect the traps, the severity of Mark's shoulder wound and the other food should have made it clear that they were murdering people, and they weren't cannibals out of necessity (although perhaps selling the meat to the bandits was the only thing stopping them from being killed by bandits, or walkers when the gas ran out).

I find it interesting how they all deal with their complicity in different ways - Danny seems to enjoy it, Brenda justifies it, and Andy seems to be in denial - when he's shouting at Lee at the end, he says "You did all this! We just wanted gas!"

• @fanganga said: I find it interesting how they all deal with their complicity in different ways - Danny seems to enjoy it, Brenda justifies it, and Andy seems to be in denial - when he's shouting at Lee at the end, he says "You did all this! We just wanted gas!"

Accurate.

• @fanganga said: Andy seems to be in denial - when he's shouting at Lee at the end, he says "You did all this! We just wanted gas!"

Yet Andy is the one who asks you to go check on the fence, which he ends up switching on trying to fry lee and mark.

Mark 'convenitantly' gets an arrow, and then after lee finds mark , he says 'brothers'

so Andy is actually no different he may of 'protested' but he still eats the human meat and allows it to happen..

• I'm not saying he's not complicit. I'm saying he deals with his guilt by shutting it out whenever he can.

• @fanganga said: I'm not saying he's not complicit. I'm saying he deals with his guilt by shutting it out whenever he can.

how does he 'shut out' the guilt ?

never saw that or heard it said..

if anything andy is extremely naive more than in denial/guilt imo

it's easy to claim 'innocence' after things have happened but who really believes they just wanted gas after what went down ? not me no siree..

• I wouldn't say Andy's naive - certainly not in the "Oh gorsh, Danny, why'd ya want the release latches off them traps?" way. He certainly knows what he's doing when he modifies the traps, triggers the fence on Lee and Mark and plans what to do with the prisoners. He lies more effectively than Danny or Brenda, and I think he can do that because he's able to fool himself into believing that they're not eating people - and I'm taking the fact that he sticks with the lie under extreme stress, and when it's painfully obvious to the player that he's lying as evidence of that. Dude's seriously messed up, but messed up in a different way to the others and in retrospect a scarier way because he can calmly do evil, then behave as if nothing bad has happened, because he genuinely believes that's the case.

• @fanganga said: I wouldn't say Andy's naive - certainly not in the "Oh gorsh, Danny, why'd ya want the release latches off them traps?" way. He certainly knows what he's doing when he modifies the traps, triggers the fence on Lee and Mark and plans what to do with the prisoners. He lies more effectively than Danny or Brenda, and I think he can do that because he's able to fool himself into believing that they're not eating people - and I'm taking the fact that he sticks with the lie under extreme stress, and when it's painfully obvious to the player that he's lying as evidence of that. Dude's seriously messed up, but messed up in a different way to the others and in retrospect a scarier way because he can calmly do evil, then behave as if nothing bad has happened, because he genuinely believes that's the case.

makes sense ;)

Add Comment