User Avatar Image

They should have made Kenny a..

posted by The_Cheshire_Cat on - last edited - Viewed by 568 users

Christian.

They should have made Kenny a Christian because it would add another dimension to his character. It might explain some of the decisions he makes (not trying to save Hershel’s son) and why he expects unfailing loyalty.(When killing Lilly’s Dad) It might make the character more relatable. It would also give the player a chance to hear a different perspective on the zombie situation. (the only one so far offered as to what is going on)

And best of all for the California hippes who make this game it provides another way to jab at the ignorant southern folk.

“I’m from Florida crazy shit just comes out my mouth.”

I love it, don’t you?

My two cents: I think in the next ep. Someone close to Kenny will have to be chosen between. A life or death choice like Doug/Carly or Lilly/Larry

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • erm wtf...

    we have irene the 'christian' in ep1 thats enough, imo

    kenny is fine as he is and to be honest religion is always a dodgy thing to do in games too much can go wrong..

  • @Milosuperspesh said: erm wtf...

    we have irene the 'christian' in ep1 thats enough, imo

    kenny is fine as he is and to be honest religion is always a dodgy thing to do in games too much can go wrong..

    And that's what makes it fun of course! Besides Irene was a bit role and Kenny was not around. I think he who dares wins

    It can be done in respect and not to offend. It is no different from having a character that is atheist or homosexual. I think it would be intresting to have the characters have a political personality.

    It is not a aim to drive any ideology down any throat, it is a aim to add more reality to it.

    True artists understand...

  • Does he ever say he's not a Christian? I see him as one of those typical fake hypocritical "Christians" that don't do much practicing unless it's convenient.

    I could see him hitting a low and giving his life to God at some point in the game without it being out of place.

  • @bghjkl said: Does he ever say he's not a Christian? I see him as one of those typical fake hypocritical "Christians" that don't do much practicing unless it's convenient.

    I could see him hitting a low and giving his life to God at some point in the game without it being out of place.

    I like that idea a lot. It might seem a little sudden shift since he has yet to even say anything about religion. But I think that would be interesting.

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    There are exactly two short remarks in this game as of yet that do not do anything besides faintly acknowledge that racism also exists in this fictional world of TWD, and we ended up with a plethora of bogus "racism" threads, two of which had to be closed because the discussion was just getting too heated.

    I don't really want to know what forum explosion occurs when an openly religious character in the group does this or that or anything good or bad, stupid or intelligent, self-sacrificing or egoistic.

    Thumbs up if Irene remains the only character with "Christian" remarks in this game. :rolleyes:

  • @Vainamoinen said:

    I don't really want to know what forum explosion occurs when an openly religious character in the group does this or that or anything good or bad, stupid or intelligent, self-sacrificing or egoistic.

    You might actually have to do your job.

    Well just because a few children will be playing the game doesn't mean it won't enrich the game. I mean wha..we have to miss out on some pretty funny and interesting dialogue moments because a few people can't control them selves?

    Later for that...

    Come join me German we must elevate the board to a higher level of thinking.
    We the Master Posters will champion superior thinking and behavior. Flaming is beneath us and must be exterminated.

    HELL YES!

  • Religion is a great element to add to games. It's just a bunch of complete fucking morons start flipping shit whenever it does appear, because those vocal, incredibly annoying atheists are always complaining when religion shows up.

  • @Demopan said: Religion is a great element to add to games. It's just a bunch of complete fucking morons start flipping shit whenever it does appear, because those vocal, incredibly annoying atheists are always complaining when religion shows up.

    Really? Because when I see religion in games, its more along the line of "Satan is here and he's really bad, but you can beat him at level 87. Lower, if your faith stat is really high."

  • @Demopan said: Religion is a great element to add to games. It's just a bunch of complete fucking morons start flipping shit whenever it does appear, because those vocal, incredibly annoying atheists are always complaining when religion shows up.

    For what it's worth, we're not all like that. Even wrote an essay on the subject.

    But yeah, while it'd be nice to see more religion in general in games, it'd just bring on a lot of unpleasant controversy, from both sides.

  • what part of florida is kenny heading to. because he reminds me of a jacksonvillian

Add Comment