User Avatar Image

Do you think Lee is guilty?

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

Lee is a convicted murderer, but do you think he is actually a murderer or do you think he was wrongfully convicted?

he could have been covering for his wife, or set up, or he could have lost it and gone mad and killed the senator for banging his wife, or he could have planned the murder.

92 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I agree with Master of Aeon. When you get the opportunity to tell Clem about it, the tone seems to indicate that Lee believes he killed the Senator and regrets it - and when she asks "Was he bad?" and Lee says "Yes", it sounds a lot less like Lee believes the Senator was a bad man and had to die, and a lot more like he's telling Clem what she wants to hear because he REALLY doesn't want to have to talk to her about his guilt right then, so I don't think Lee acted in self-defence either.

• @fanganga said: I agree with Master of Aeon. When you get the opportunity to tell Clem about it, the tone seems to indicate that Lee believes he killed the Senator and regrets it - and when she asks "Was he bad?" and Lee says "Yes", it sounds a lot less like Lee believes the Senator was a bad man and had to die, and a lot more like he's telling Clem what she wants to hear because he REALLY doesn't want to have to talk to her about his guilt right then, so I don't think Lee acted in self-defence either.

lee has these options in other places like when justifying bad shit killing andy/danny/stealing looting the car and giving her the hoodie...

• @Milosuperspesh said: lee has these options in other places like when justifying bad shit killing andy/danny/stealing looting the car and giving her the hoodie...

Much as I don't like arguing against my own points, there's a ton of things you can make Lee say that can't be sorted as truth. Even when he tells Hershel about his wife being in another state, you don't know how much Lee's lying.

• @Master of Aeons said: Much as I don't like arguing against my own points, there's a ton of things you can make Lee say that can't be sorted as truth. Even when he tells Hershel about his wife being in another state, you don't know how much Lee's lying.

I would think though it would count as a "lie" in the stats (for that particular dialogue option). I have picked that option, and was counted amongst those who told the truth to Herschel (he seems to pick up on a lot of your other conversations with him, why not that one as well?).

• Honestly it doesn't matter to me one way or the other as long as the reveal ends up good. I just hope Telltale doesn't try pulling something like the last Silent Hill did where whether he's a murderer or not depends on how the story was played.

• @Gennadios said: Honestly it doesn't matter to me one way or the other as long as the reveal ends up good. I just hope Telltale doesn't try pulling something like the last Silent Hill did where whether he's a murderer or not depends on how the story was played.

Exactly that.

• @Gennadios said: Honestly it doesn't matter to me one way or the other as long as the reveal ends up good. I just hope Telltale doesn't try pulling something like the last Silent Hill did where whether he's a murderer or not depends on how the story was played.

@Gennadios said: Exactly that.

I don't know guys, it kinda seems like that's where it's going.

• @Juicius Maximus said: I don't know guys, it kinda seems like that's where it's going.

all the more reason to bitch about it on the forums before ep5 hits.

• @thestalkinghead said: Lee is a convicted murderer, but do you think he is actually a murderer or do you think he was wrongfully convicted?

he could have been covering for his wife, or set up, or he could have lost it and gone mad and killed the senator for banging his wife, or he could have planned the murder.

Either way he is still guilty. Even if it was not premeditated it is still manslaughter.

Chances are he did commit a murder because he seems remorseful about it.

• I want Lee to be guilty in all playthroughs. His motives might change by each ending or the way its changed him can be different, but I don't want one ending to dismiss his crime entirely. That's just bad writing.

Add Comment