User Avatar Image

They should have made Kenny a..

posted by The_Cheshire_Cat on - last edited - Viewed by 643 users

Christian.

They should have made Kenny a Christian because it would add another dimension to his character. It might explain some of the decisions he makes (not trying to save Hershel’s son) and why he expects unfailing loyalty.(When killing Lilly’s Dad) It might make the character more relatable. It would also give the player a chance to hear a different perspective on the zombie situation. (the only one so far offered as to what is going on)

And best of all for the California hippes who make this game it provides another way to jab at the ignorant southern folk.

“I’m from Florida crazy shit just comes out my mouth.”

I love it, don’t you?

My two cents: I think in the next ep. Someone close to Kenny will have to be chosen between. A life or death choice like Doug/Carly or Lilly/Larry

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CapnJay said: what part of florida is kenny heading to. because he reminds me of a jacksonvillian

I've always wondered Gainsville. But Jacksonville could seem more likely.

• @Vainamoinen said: There are exactly two short remarks in this game as of yet that do not do anything besides faintly acknowledge that racism also exists in this fictional world of TWD, and we ended up with a plethora of bogus "racism" threads, two of which had to be closed because the discussion was just getting too heated.

I don't really want to know what forum explosion occurs when an openly religious character in the group does this or that or anything good or bad, stupid or intelligent, self-sacrificing or egoistic.

Thumbs up if Irene remains the only character with "Christian" remarks in this game. :rolleyes:

I know where you're coming from because I participated in one of those threads and was more than a little disheartened by the direction it took. I've read a number of upsetting posts on race in other threads too, but didn't respond for fear of fanning the flames. However (and I mean no offense here), that's a rather dispiriting argument for scrubbing the game of potentially controversial subject matter. A major theme of TWD is the breakdown of social barriers rendered obsolete by the collapse of civilization. People from different walks of life with different and sometimes opposing beliefs are forced to work together, live together, DEAL with one another.

• Why would being a Christian make him not try and save Shaun?

• @Zeruis said: I've always wondered Gainsville. But Jacksonville could seem more likely.

Fort Lauderdale he said i remember now

• @trd84 said: Why would being a Christian make him not try and save Shaun?

I'm not sure exactly. But it may go to explain some of his logic and view points on things. Maybe as a Christian father Kenny feels it is his duty to save his family above all others. Who knows. (Not to say Christians are the only ones that save their families)

But I stand by the idea that adding a sprinkle of religion would add depth to the game.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Juicius Maximus said: However (and I mean no offense here), that's a rather dispiriting argument for scrubbing the game of potentially controversial subject matter.

I concede it is.

It's not that the TWD game hasn't got its controversial subject matter though. The level of violence just doesn't belong to the kind of game I'd usually play for fun. Yet no one complains about the violence, the element that makes and breaks this game for people. Instead, teensy details pertaining to race and religion are seized on, exaggerated well out of proportion and flamed to ashes by some few - often insulting, often passive aggressive - community members.

Hershel Greene is religious AND he's in the game. That really means nothing though, because Kirkman himself wasn't able to make the character coherent in his convictions. If I remember correctly, he sharply silences his children when they swear, but curses openly about everything Rick does later on.

• @Vainamoinen said: I concede it is.

It's not that the TWD game hasn't got its controversial subject matter though. The level of violence just doesn't belong to the kind of game I'd usually play for fun. Yet no one complains about the violence, the element that makes and breaks this game for people. Instead, teensy details pertaining to race and religion are seized on, exaggerated well out of proportion and flamed to ashes by some few - often insulting, often passive aggressive - community members.

I think the western world is numb to violence. It is everywhere. In the movies (and theaters) It's on the news, its in the games, its in the language. (War on drugs war on women war on terror)

I agree that this game is a little more violent that I expected, though I don't know why since it is based on a pretty violent comic.

The only shocking thing in the west any more are issues of race/class/gender. Everything else has been solved.

• @Demopan said: those vocal, incredibly annoying atheists are always complaining when religion shows up.

You mean like real life?

• pffft just making him a Christian would be a gutless copout, make him a Muslim or a Scientologist.

• Token black man isn't good enough so we need another token Christian in the game?

Add Comment