User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 26.1K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Icedhope said: Playing saints row 2, and I'm not really liking it..you need respect to get missions..and all you do is kill, and kill? I mean I know...grand theft auto plays the same way but...I think I prefer Grand Theft Auto to this.

Saints Row 3 doesn't have this problem ;)

• SR3 also forces the side missions on you. It's not really the perfect solution either.

• Replaying the epic tale of crime and corruption in the land of the dead.

• @Johro said: SR3 also forces the side missions on you. It's not really the perfect solution either.

Really? I don't remember being forced to do the side missions.

• @Marsbergen said: Replaying the epic tale of crime and corruption in the land of the dead.

Can't go wrong with that! :)

Personally, I'm playing a relatively new mainstream game, which is quite unusual for me... Fallout 3 (hey, "relatively new" is a very broad term for me).

I tried playing the first two games in the series, but I just couldn't get into them, really, but I was hoping my love for Oblivion would rub off in this game as well. So far, I think I prefer Oblivion though... Fallout 3's environment is just so incredibly depressing. I know, that's the point, but still... I've only just scratched the surface though, and I'm not going to fast travel if I can help it. Hopefully the game will grow on me, but so far it feels rather empty (I did think the introduction was very clever though).

• Incredibly minor complaint here, but when I'm told I'm going to play a game of poker in ME2, I'd actually like to... play a game of poker, not have the screen fade to black and tell me I lost. Thank you.

• Magic The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013

It definately looks and performs much better than previous years.
    And the decks have some interesting strategies in play.
    (Fire, my favourite, has a good balance with spell cards that damage the opponent and their monsters, monsters that use energy to boost their attacks (big lategame damage), and cards with recycle abilities)

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: Because unlike the second and third games, Twin Snakes only came out on the Gamecube, so I suspect there'd be licensing issues and whatnot. Or maybe they just can't be bothered to port the damn thing. I dunno.

There's definitely rights issues involved. It was developed by Silicon Knights when they still had an exclusivity agreement with Nintendo, rather than by Konami. And since Nintendo still owns stock in the company, I doubt Konami will be able to untie the legal strings to get the game out on non-Nintendo platforms.

That said (and because I just realized I responded to a weeks-old post), I'm putting Metal Gear Solid HD on my next-to-buy list. Mostly because I never played Peace Walker

• @Jennifer said: There's definitely rights issues involved. It was developed by Silicon Knights when they didn't suck. And since Nintendo still owns stock in the company, I doubt Konami will be able to untie the legal strings to get the game out on non-Nintendo platforms.

Fixed that for ya.

• @Jennifer said:
    That said (and because I just realized I responded to a weeks-old post), I'm putting Metal Gear Solid HD on my next-to-buy list. Mostly because I never played Peace Walker

I've just finished Peace Walker and it was a mostly enjoyable experience. Some parts annoyed me (like having to play side mission things to get better weapons) but all that stems from the fact that is is a PSP port at the end of the day and I did like the fact that you have many shorter missions as opposed to one giant mission. I loved the overall story and playing it just after MGS 3 felt perfect and really makes me want to play MGS 4 even more so now (and it looks like that will happen sooner than I ever though possible with the news my flat mate had to day, that he's getting a PS3 as part of a new mobile phone contract).

On the whole the Metal Gear Solid HD experience is a positive one, I enjoyed my replay of Sons of Liberty, I had never completed Snake Eater until now and now it's my favourite of the series and I've never even looked into Peace Walker before this and got a good ride out of it. According to Raptr I've put 80 hours across these three games over a two week period. Actually, that doesn't sound good at all...

I really need to find something else to do with my time.

Add Comment