User Avatar Image

Bring back full throttle?

posted by Da D Man on - last edited - Viewed by 412 users

Telltale has been doing alot of things with lucasarts lately it would be cool to see them bring back full throttle :D

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is one hell of a bump.

    Also, the rights to Full Throttle (much like Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle) reside with LucasArts, and unless they change their current stance, nothing further will ever happen with it.

  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

    @Ciremi said: Since I first posted in this thread Telltale has shown me that they can do a serious game, with serious adult subject matter.

    I was afraid that The Walking Dead would be toned down with swearing and quick cuts away to avoid gore, but Telltale has proven that they don't have to be all family-oriented all the time. And it looks like it has paid off.


    You needn't have worried. Telltale has never been completely family oriented. They've been handling serious material since 2006 when they first released the CSI games. And they've had uncensored swearing in games since 2010 when they released Poker Night at the Inventory.

    I wouldn't count on Telltale getting the license to Full Throttle though, at least not until another management shift at LucasArts. The current president is not interested in licensing out their properties other than Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

  • Just a bit of a thought here. Why hasn't Tim Schafer bought the rights to Full Throttle(or even grim fandango for that matter) for Doublefine? You think with all the sitting around that Lucasarts is doing, you'd figured he wouldve bought back the rights to those games.

  • @Leplaya said: Just a bit of a thought here. Why hasn't Tim Schafer bought the rights to Full Throttle(or even grim fandango for that matter) for Doublefine? You think with all the sitting around that Lucasarts is doing, you'd figured he wouldve bought back the rights to those games.

    LucasArts have to want to sell them before anyone could even think about buying them and even then they'd probably want crazy money that a small studio like Double Fine has next to no chance of having.

  • There are lots of problems with a Full Throttle sequel (LucasArts holding on to their licenses tighter than Disney, Roy Conrad not around anymore, etc.), but there's nothing that would stop a random non-sequel adult motorcycle adventure game, if Telltale wanted to go that direction.

  • Not about FT, but I believe this tweet from Ronzo is relevant:

    @CaptainMuganda The rights to MI or MM would be in the $10,000,000 range and that's just to get the negotiations started.
    9 Feb

  • @WarpSpeed said: There are lots of problems with a Full Throttle sequel (LucasArts holding on to their licenses tighter than Disney, Roy Conrad not around anymore, etc.), but there's nothing that would stop a random non-sequel adult motorcycle adventure game, if Telltale wanted to go that direction.

    This is true. Although it doesn't exactly have to be Roy Conrad's Ben it would be interesting to see if Telltale could make a newly-initiated Polecat just as memorable.

    For when we last left Ben it seemed as though he was going off on his own into the sunset. I think Telltale would do great with this if they could write an epic story.

    The whole diesel punk post-apocalyptic atmosphere always struck me as interesting.

  • You're all forgetting one important fact. Telltale games has already put out a lot of Lucas Arts titles. Tales of Monkey Island, Sam and Max, etc. If licencing is really such an issue, why is it okay for these other games and not for Full Throttle?

    If anyone who actually works at TTG reads this, could you nag somebody about it? Pretty please? I will totally buy a full throttle sequel when and if they ever make one. That and ToonStruck. Do people still know about ToonStruck?

  • @anARTchist said: You're all forgetting one important fact. Telltale games has already put out a lot of Lucas Arts titles. Tales of Monkey Island, Sam and Max, etc. If licencing is really such an issue, why is it okay for these other games and not for Full Throttle?

    Sam & Max is actually licensed by Steve Purcell (the author of the comics). How I understand it, LucasArts has pretty much refused to license adventure games, and are only interested in Star Wars and Indiana Jones games. Only time can tell if they will change their minds on that. Maybe with the new LucasArts president...

  • Sam and Max is owned by Steve Purcell, not Lucasarts. Monkey Island was a pain and a half of an ass to get and was ok'ed along side with the special edition under a different president that was cool with that idea.

    Two presidents later, I really don't think we're getting anything new. Not anytime soon at least and likely not with telltale at that.

    edit: oh ninja'd.

    *cry*

Add Comment